- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Tuesday, August 9, 2016
Action Figure Review: Red Toad from World of Nintendo by Jakks Pacific
Height: 3 1/4 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge shoulders and a swivel neck.
Non-Scalper Price: $9-$12 dollars
For a more in-depth analysis of the figure check out the review of Blue Toad from May 2015. He's 99% similar.
* Since the only difference between this Toad and the previous Blue Toad is the color of the spots on his hat, it's pretty important that Jakks did them right. And they did. Toad looks great and Jakks really nailed the look of the character here.
* Another coin? The coin isn't bad on it's own but considering that Red Toad is a simple repaint of Blue Toad, wouldn't something new be cooler? This guy really needed a vegetable or a POW! brick or something to mix things up. The coins need to go!
Geocache that has more articulation than this figure. He's not bad in terms of sculpt, paint, or quality control; he's simply just not up to par with the rest of this line. If you're a major Toad fan or a completest on this line you'll probably want him. If you're just dipping your toes into the water to see what World of Nintendo has to offer, however, just stick with almost any of the other characters.
So obviously I've also reviewed Blue Toad but I've reviewed a number of other World of Nintendo figures as well, including:
World of Ninendo (4 inch) by Jakks Pacific
Gravity Suit Samus
Link (Ocarina of Time)
World of Nintendo (2.5 inch) by Jakks Pacific