- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Monday, August 8, 2016
Minifigure Review: Chain Chomp from World of Nintendo by Jakks Pacific
Height: 2 inches
Articulation: Functioning 7 link chain
Non-Scalper Price: $4 -$6 dollars
* The Chain Chomp has a pretty simply design but Jakks has done a nice job of capturing it. While something with articulated jaws might have been pretty cool, this sculpted grin is completely serviceable in the 2.5 inch minifigure line. He's the perfect size to fit in with the larger 5 inch figures and the elements like his teeth and eyes are actually sculpted rather than just painted on.
* I really like that Jakks gave Chain Chomp an actual chain. Well, it's a plastic chain (not metal) but it is actually a series of links. The chain itself is about 3 1/2 inches long and can be posed dragging behind the figure or used by another character in the larger line to hold Chain Chomp in place.
* Like with Boo, the most frustrating thing about the chain chomp is that, due to his rounded nature, he cannot really stay on display. He's always going to be rolling around. I wish Jakks would have worked something out for him such as a small clear stand or something. They really do need to create something for all of these small, round creatures.
This is the first Chain Chomp figure I've ever reviewed! I have reviewed plenty of other World of Nintendo toys, though, including:
World of Ninendo (4 inch) by Jakks Pacific (2014)
Gravity Suit Samus
Link (Ocarina of Time)
World of Nintendo (2.5 inch) by Jakks Pacific