- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
Thursday, August 25, 2016
Action Figure Review: White Tanooki Mario from World of Nintendo by Jakks Pacific
Height: 4 inches
Articulation: Hinged knees, ball jointed hips, swivel/hinge shoulders, hinged knees, a swivel tail, and a hinged neck with a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Invincibility leaf
Non-Scalper Price: $9-$12 dollars
A standard Tanooki Mario was released earlier this year and this White Tanooki Mario is simply a repaint of that figure. I wasn't crazy about the articulation on this figure (especially the lack of wrist swivels) although I do like the accuracy of the sculpt. Since this figure is a simple repaint, check out my Tanooki Mario review for a more in-depth look at this figure's sculpt and articulation.
* The paint work is really quite clean on Mario's face. It really looks like his face is poking out of a hooded costume, doesn't it? I'm also loving the pink and yellow ears. This is some really nice paintwork here and it helps to bring out the best in the sculpt.
* The yellow and white paint scheme on this figure looks really, really good. In the game the White Tanooki suit is kind of sparkly, something that would have been tough to capture on an action figure. I like the paint colors chosen here, though. While the white could be a bit brighter, it really balances nicely with the yellow highlights. Don't you just love the ringed tail on this figure? It's so colorful and crazy!
original Tanooki Mario figure. The paint is a bit cleaner and looks much nicer. I love the color combination of white and yellow used here! While the articulation is still rather stunted, this guy still looks pretty cool standing on the shelf with a variety of other Mario figures and Nintendo characters. World of Nintendo is one of my favorite lines right now and it's definitely one of those toylines that gets more impressive as you continue to add more figures to the display. This Tanooki Mario variant is superior to the original and gets a Good and a 1/2 from me!
I've reviewed quite a few Mario action figures now such as the recent Cat Mario variant, the ready for action Fire Mario, the powerful Gold Mario, the plain ol' Mario, and Tanooki Mario, which this figure is simply a repaint of.
I've also reviewed nearly every other World of Nintendo 4 inch figure released (and a few of the 2.5 inch figures), including:
World of Ninendo (4 inch) by Jakks Pacific
Gravity Suit Samus
Link (Ocarina of Time)
World of Nintendo (2.5 inch) by Jakks Pacific