- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Action Figure Review: Sir Laser-Lot from Masters of the Universe Classics by Mattel
Height: 7 5/8th inches from the bottom of his feet to the top of his plume.
Articulation- Hinged ankles, boot swivel, knee hinges, thigh swivels, swivel/hinge hips, waist swivel, ab hinge, swivel/hinge shoulders, bicep swivels, elbow hinge, wrist swivels, and a post/ball jointed head.
Accessories- Chest armor w/ attached cape, laser sword, laser mace, shield, removable plume.
* I haven't noticed any quality control issues with this figure: He's got great articulation, solid construction, and no gummy weapons.The technical execution of the figure is quite well done and missed a lot of the MOTUC problems from that particular point in the line's life.
* Sir Laser-lot is quite well armed. His laser mace and sword are a nice, translucent red. They feel very sturdy and look excellent with the character. The shield has a bit of give to it, but it's nice. It has quite a neat design on the front with some silver decor.
*The head sculpt is really good. It largely resembles a standard knight, but has an interesting grill and some type of scope or laser projector on the left side of the head. There's also a translucent plume coming out of the top of the head which seems to be removable if you loosen the small amount of glue holding it on (mine just came out on its own). If yours doesn't move, some folks have suggested a little hot water to loosen it up. It's nice to be able to pose the plume, but be careful when you do it!
*Sir Laser-lot is wearing blue armor with red highlights (boots, gloves, cape, and mouthpiece). Unfortunately, without any other predominant color and a solid blue waist, Sir Laser-Lot is really quite a bland figure. I love the idea of a technologically enhanced knight in MOTU who isn't Extendar, but the colors on this guy really do not benefit the character. I think a belt or more silver might have broken things up a bit more.
*This is an unusual complaint but, looking at the figure, the paint work appears to be off. I believe the problem is that many parts of Sir Laser-Lot are molded in the infamous black plastic Mattel used mid to late 2012 and then were painted over. This is quite different from how most of the MOTUC figures have been produced and gives the figure a darker, slightly mess look.