Orko in early December and then, in late December, I stumbled upon the Sorceress. I ordered a case of these last Spring and wound up with the fairly rare Pink Sorceress variant but I really wanted this classic Sorceress for my collection. Well, here she is! Let's check her out after the break...
Height: 3 inches
Articulation: Swivel ankles, hinged knees, balljointed hips, swivel waist, double balljointed shoulders, swivel wrists, and a
Accessories: Staff and bio-card.
Non-Scalper Price: $10-$13 dollars
* On the left is the classic colors Sorceress (with a rarity of 1/24) while the pink outfitted Sorceress variant is on the right. These two are simple paint variant with the same pros and cons. The articulation is the same (including the loose balljointed hips) as are the accessories.
* I like the Pink Sorceress and she definitely stands out in a MOTU collection (where pink isn't terribly common), but the classic Filmation color scheme for the Sorceress' outfit is definitely my favorite. She's gorgeous!
* The headsculpt is great and I actually believe the paintwork on this version looks just a bit sharper than on the previous version. The eyes are gorgeous!
* The Sorceress includes her staff. The staff was originally included
with the vintage action figure of the Sorceress, which was released
rather late in the line (in 1987) and has since become a key part of
most action figures of the Sorceress.
* To add a bit more personalization and fun to each release The Loyal
Subjects adds a bio card in with each figure. It's a cool little extra that uses the MOTUC
bio for the Sorceress. The back features a checklist for series 2, as well.
* While I like the look of the wings, and complimented them on the pink Sorceress variant, here the wings aren't glued on very straight. They're kind of on at odd angles (it's harder to see in the picture) and even restrict her head movement.
pink Sorceress, I still like the classically colored version a little bit more. This is still a Good and a 1/2 figure and I do like the headsculpt and the staff quite a bit. I haven't heard anything about a third series from The Loyal Subjects, so maybe Mattel has pulled the MOTU license from them just like they did for Super7? I don't know but it could be that Mattel thinks they are too similar to the Masters of the Universe Minis they have coming out this year. Anyways, if you dig the MOTU Action Vinyls go pick them up and support The Loyal Subjects. Let them know their is a market for these!
For more of the Sorceress I've also reviewed the green Series 2 M.U.S.C.L.E. figure, the VYNL Sorceress, the Action Vinyls Sorceress (Pink), and the Mega Construx Sorceress included with Castle Grayskull.
For more Masters of the Universe Acton Vinyls reviews, check out the following:
Battle Armor He-Man
Battle Armor Skeletor
Battle Cat (Flocked)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib