- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
Wednesday, December 25, 2019
Action Figure Review: Orko from Masters of the Universe Action Vinyls by The Loyal Subjects
Height: 3 1/8ths inches from base to tip of hat
Articulation: Balljointed stand, double balljointed shoulders, wrist swivels, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: Wand, stand base, hat, and bio card.
Non-Scalper Price: $10 -$15 dollars
* I love Orko, so any figure that captures his design well is going to be a winner for me. He's very bright and cheerful looking and nicely sized compared to the rest of the figures. The "O" on his shirt (which stands for "Oh, no! Orko's getting ready to do a magic trick! Someone warn Duncan!") is neatly painted on as well. Size wise, some folks might really like using him with their vintage figures as he looks like he's scale well with them based on the Filmation Orko's size.
* Orko has a removable hat! I loved the removable hat on the vintage figure as a kid and I was thrilled that this one has a similar feature. You can't see Orko's face (just his bright yellow eyes) but his adorable blue ears are on full display.
* Here's Orko's hat, by the way. It fits on nicely and reminds me so much of the vintage accessory.
* Orko himself doesn't have a lot of articulation (his wrists, shoulders, and a balljointed head), but there's enough to have some fun with. It's his balljointed base that is the real winner. The base is permanently attached underneath his shirt and allows for Orko to "float" and be moved into any number of flying positions. It's really fun and very well executed.
* The base is a removable piece at the bottom, so be careful not to lose it. It's shaped like a star, giving the base a bit of a magical vibe.
* Orko also comes with his staff, which looks very similar to his Masters of the Universe Classics staff. It's a cool little piece that slightly resembles the vintage Orko's ripcord that activated his action feature. Orko holds this like a champ.
* To add a bit more personalization and fun to each release The Loyal Subjects adds a bio card. It's a cool little extra that uses the MOTUC bio for Orko here. The back features a checklist for series 2, as well.
* Orko's eyes have a few little spots where the yellow paint didn't fully stamp, leaving some visible black spots underneath.
If you're an Orko fan I've also reviewed Super7's vintage styled Orko and Shadow Orko, the green Orko M.U.S.C.L.E. minifigure from the #1 Masters of the Universe set by Super7, the standard Orko ReAction figure, and the boxed ReAction Orko (Cartoon Colors).
For more Masters of the Universe Action Vinyls, check out the following:
Battle Armor He-Man
Battle Armor Skeletor
Battle Cat (Flocked)