- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
Saturday, November 21, 2015
Action Figure Review: Stone Cold Steve Austin from WWE Elite Collection: Hall of Fame by Mattel
Height: 7 inches
Articulation: Hinged ankles w/ lateral rocker hinges, boot swivels, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed hips, swivel waist, hinged abdomen, swivel/hinged shoulders, swivel biceps, hinged elbows, swivel/hinged wrists, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: T-shirt, vest, and chain.
Non-Scalper Price: $19-$20 dollars
*If WWE Elite figures have great articulation, give me a Hell Yeah!
If they're sturdy and durable, give me a Hell Yeah!
If they're fun to play with, give me a Hell Yeah!
Hell Yeah, indeed.
* While he only used one brace earlier in his career, later on Stone Cold started using two knee braces. This figure represents a later Stone Cold and features braces on both of his knees. Stone Cold has on black kneepads floating over his double-hinged knee joints and the braces over top. While the braces bend due to being flexible, they do actually have functional hinges in them.
Mattel has also captured Austin's tattoo of the Lone Star state with a cattle skull over top. It's clearly visible above his boots.
* Austin's leather vest is cool and gives him some flair. Otherwise he's just a bald guy in jean shorts. Kind of like Dr. Tobias Funke. Actually, now Austin is a bald guy in jean shorts and a leather vest, also still kind of like Dr. Tobias Funke. Hmm...
* Mattel does a nice job with the printed text on their wrestling figures. On the front of the vest is "SCSA"which stands for Sedgwick County Soccer Association and OMR which stands for "One More Round." The latter is actually true, by the way. Also, check out the back of the vest: Robotic metal skull!!!
* Stone Col Steve Austin comes with three accessories, one of which is this gold chain. That's what it's supposed to be anyways. This is really a pretty poor accessory as it seems too large and is rather dull. It looks like something from a 1980s Mr. T figure or something Austin got from a gumball machine at the nearby Mega Lo Mart.
* It's really cool that Stone Cold comes with the "What?" shirt (complete with a little skull for the tittle on the question mark) but it just looks a bit oversized for him. I would have much rather had a fabric shirt rather than the plastic shirt that was included.
* I don't think there's any doubt that this is Stone Cold Steve Austin, but doesn't his head look a bit off? To me, it looks like there's a dent in his head or something. Can you see it? It was the first thing I noticed when I pulled him out of the package. Did he get hit in the head with a chair by Vince McMahon one to many times perhaps?
I've been on a collecting spree with Mattel's WWE figures! I've reviewed quite a few these past couple weeks as we've been making out way to Survivor Series. Check them out:
WWE Elite Collection by Mattel
Bad News Barrett (Series 34)
Bray Wyatt (Series 36)
Brock Lesnar (Series 37)
Cesaro (Series 33)
Dean Ambrose (Series 36)
Hulk Hogan (Series 34)
Kane (Series 31)
Luke Harper (Series 35)
The Miz (Series 37)
Randy Orton (Series 35)
Seth Rollins (Series 37)
WWE Elite: Wrestlemania XXX by Mattel