Height: 5 1/2 inches
Articulation: Rubber band hips, spring loaded swivel waist, swivel shoulders, and a swivel neck.
Accessories: 2 wings, ax, helmet, and minicomic (not pictured).
Original Retail Price: $4-$5 dollars
Year of Release: 1984
* Buzz-Off's headsculpt makes him look pretty friendly rather than being overly fearsome. Maybe he's just a happy, go luck bee? His eyes are great with a cool metallic blue sheen to them. I like the portrait quite a bit as it has a lot of personality.
* Buzz-Off is another MOTU character whose natural abilities seem to be augmented by technology. To aid in his role as a spy he's sporting a helmet with some larger, segmented eyes on it. It fits over his had and gives him a different appearance. It's an unusual concept but I do kind of like it. Oddly enough, there are antennae sculpted on the helmet. Are these meant to be his real antennae or are these artificial ones that augment his natural abilities too?
* Buzz-Off further benefits from some large wings. They are removable (they fit on a tab on his back) and you can rotate them around to different flying poses.
* They're translucent and have a cool design on them. They almost look like they're mechanical in nature, too. Don't the little details on the wings look like some sort of technology versus being actual insect wings?
* Buzz-Off doesn't have hands. Instead, he has pincers. Claw-like pincers.
* Buzz-Off maybe can use his claws for battle but he also comes with an axe. It's similar to the axe that came with the Castle Grayskull playset but rather than a standard handle it has been remolded with a loop on the end.