Mekaneck has a working neck while Scare Glow actually glows). Let's check out this evil spy with pop out eyes after the break...
Height: 3 3/4ths inches
Articulation: Swivel hips, swivel shoulders, a swivel head, and sliding eyeballs.
Non-Scalper Price: $15 dollars
* Modulok is a really nice looking figure. Whether you like the old Kenner style of action figure or just like the Filmation character design, I think Mantenna is a pretty big success. He might look a little more modern than figures from the original Star Wars line but I could see Mantenna being a figure from the mid-late 1980s, more along the actual era of the Filmation series. His collar, Horde emblem, and furry trunks are all sculpted elements with neat, clean paintjobs.
* The headsculpt is excellent. Seriously, it's almost as good as the Club Grayskull Mantenna! I love the shape of the head and the subtle details on the ears. Of course, the eyes are also just killer. Seriously, Mantenna looks excellent with those massive eyes!
* If you've ever picked up a retro figure like this, you know what to
expect: 5 points of articulation and all swivel joints. Mantenna feels very
well made and sturdy. Super7 has been very
consistent in the quality of their ReAction lines over the past couple of years and has perfected the style.
* Mantenna is supposed to have four legs but, like the vintage Mantenna, the ReAction versions legs are sculpted so that it looks like he has two legs, but each leg is actually supposed to be two separate legs. It's a cool effect and definitely seem accurate to how a hypothetical Kenner styled MOTU figure would have turned out.
* The card art on most ReAction figures released by Super7 is beautiful
and their Masters of the Universe line is no exception. Mantenna
features an awesome illustration from Jason Edmiston of the character
with a new Fright Zone background. I like how the Evil Horde got their
own unique backers. To
preserve the card I actually made a slit in the top of the blister so I
can slide the figure in and out. It work great and allows the figure to
be displayed inside and outside of the card. I've got mine hanging on a
metal pegboard similar to what you'd see in a retail store!
If you're a fan of Mantenna, go stand over there and check out the MOTUC Mantenna or the Filmation inspired Club Grayskull Mantenna.
For more Masters of the Universe ReAction figures, check out the following:
Mer-Man (Carry Case Colors)
Orko (Cartoon Colors)
Ram Man (Mini Comic)
Skeletor (Los Amos)
Slime Pit He-Man
Trap Jaw (Cartoon Colors)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
- Spawn Alley
- The Royal Junkyard
- Fortress Vader
- The Fortress of Solitude