non-exclusive counterpart. While this isn't the character's signature look this definitely is the stronger of the two figures. Let's check out Reinhardt (Bundeswehr) after the break...
Height: 8 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, thigh swivels,
swivel/hinge hips, hinged waist guard, balljointed mid-torso,
swivel/hinge shoulders, hinged pauldrons, bicep swivels, hinged elbows,
swivel/hinge wrists, and a double balljointed head.
Accessories: Rocket hammer, barrier field, barrier field generator, 2 barrier stands, and an Earthshatter effect.
Non-Scalper Price: $60 dollars
* On the left is the SDCC exclusive Reinhardt in the camouflaged armor while the standard Reinhardt is on the right. As you can see, the figures have the same basic body with radically different paintjobs and differing portraits. I'm really going to just show off the differences in the SDCC exclusive figure in this review so check out the standard figure for info on the basic sculpt and articulation.
* I honestly like the look of this figure better than the original Reinhardt. I don't like the weird, opalescent plastic Hasbro sometimes uses to give figures a metallic look. The camouflage paintjob on this one version is incredible, though. It's still very vibrant, like most Overwatch color schemes, and the yellow details pop nicely. I love the eagle crest on the front of Reinhardt's chest armor, too.
* Here's a look at the rear of the figure to show off more of the excellent paint work. I really think the various highlights on this figure show off the sculpted details much better than the standard release. Parts of the sculpt that felt softer on the standard figure look much crisper and more pronounced here. The Overwatch figures don't share parts, so repaints are probably going to be necessary to make use of the new tooling for each figure; let's hope that most of them are as interesting as this one.
* After the new paintjob, the second biggest difference with the Bundeswehr armored Reinhardt is the presence of an unmasked portrait. Rather than an armored helmet, here we get to see Reinhardt Wilhem's snow white hair and battle scarred face. It's a great portrait that has a lot of character. It's also easily removable, so you could swap this out and put it on the standard Reinhardt figure if you want to.
* Here's a closer look at the very, very cool lion's head symbol from
Reinhardt's forearm. This is a removable
piece that is actually meant to be the shield generator for Reinhardt's massive barrier shield. Generally it is clipped onto Reinhardt's left forearm but the lion's head actually can be placed in the middle of the barrier shield piece so the shield can be toted around.
* Reinhardt's primary weapon is a rocket hammer, a massive battle
hammer with three jets on the back. It's a pretty impressive accessory
that looks incredible when wielded in Reinhardt's hands. Unlike the standard figure, this version of the rocket hammer has no paint applications. I believe this is supposed to be a gold version of the weapon that is accessible in the game. It does look nice with the Bundeswehr armor, though I still like the standard hammer better.
* This version of Reinhardt comes with an accessory which the standard version doesn't: An Earthshatter energy effect for Reinhardt's rocket hammer! It's a translucent yellow piece that looks like a "smash" of some sort. It's the same size as the head of Reinhardt's hammer, so the head can rest inside of it when on display. It's a great piece that really helps to make Reinhardt standout on the shelf. I love the energy effects on the Overwatch Ultimates figures!
Is Reinhardt your favorite tank? If so, check out my review of the Overwatch Ultimates Reinhardt.
For more Overwatch Ultimates reviews, check out the following:
Ana (Shrike) and Soldier: 76
Mercy and Pharah
Reaper (Blackwatch Reyes)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast