Ash Ketchum and Pikachu set to go along with my World of Nintendo figures. I haven't purchased any since then but I have been tempted a time or two. On Friday I stopped by a GameStop to pick up a controller for my Switch to better play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and I found all of GameStop's Pokemon figures on clearance for half price with an additional 50% off the clearance price, meaning I paid a little under $2 for this set. Anyways, I'm not the biggest fan of the games but I really do like Pokemon and I love minifigures, so these are cool little minifigures. The Alolan Sandshrew vs Jangmo-o set features two more recent Pokemon that I wasn't entirely familiar with but I always love the designs, so who cares, right? Let's check out this set after the break...
Height: 1 1/4ths inches
Height: 1 1/2 inches
Non-Scalper Price: $6-$7 dollars
* The first figure in the set is the Alolan Sandshrew, a Generation VII variant of the original Generation I Sandshrew, a mouse Pokemon. Alolan Sandshrew is a regional variant of the Sandshrew found in an icy part of the Alola region, the Alolan Sandshrew is a ice/steel Pokemon versus being a sand type like the original. The figure looks a bit more armored than the original Sandshrew and stands with more of a stoop.
* He's quite cute! The Alolan Sandshrew has an adorable face and I love the white and yellow color scheme. He really is a solid little minifigure and is quite nicely done, if not perhaps a bit plain.
* The second part of the set is Jangmo-o, a scaly Dragon type Pokemon who also was first introduced in Generation VII. It's another adorable little fellow although the personality of the Jangmo-o is supposed to be quite valiant and dedicated to it's training. The little ovals hanging off of it's body are intended to be scaled of armor that help protect it during battle.
* Jangmo-o's beak and eyes are really well done as is the heart-shaped armored crest on it's forehead. The Jangmo-o uses this like a shield in battle, so it tends to only face forward when fighting.
* Alolan Sandshrew has all of the legal information stamped right onto it's stomach where it is highly visible. That's a bit of a drag, right?
These are the first figures of Alolan Sandshrew and Jangmo-o I have reviewed on the site.
For more Pokemon reviews, check out the following:
Ash + Pikachu
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess