Height: 5 1/2 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge hips, "Power Attack" balljointed mid-torso, swivel shoulders, and swivel left wrists, swivel claw, and a swivel head.
Accessories: Energy burst
* Trap Jaw is easily recognizable and looks pretty monstrous in this version. Blue skin, massive arm, and lots of scars and stuff? That's Trap Jaw for you! He's one of the best looking figures in the line so far and Mattel did a nice job of translating him from his onscreen appearance to an action figure. There's not a ton of paintwork here but what is here is clean and sharp.
* Trap Jaw's head is quite cool. It's very intimidating with a large, open maul with a circle of sharp teeth. That's pretty creepy! His helmet is a different color than his jaw so there's some nice differentiation here. I'm also loving his creepy yellow eyes.
* Trap Jaw's robotic arm is enormous with a massive claw on the end. The claw does come separate in the package so you'll have to pop it on. It's a one time assembly thing, though, so it isn't removable after you've popped it on. I do miss the multiple weapons of pretty much every other Trap Jaw ever made but the arm has some nice detail like massive screws and rivets keeping it together.
* Trap Jaw comes with an energy beam that you can place in his claw arm. It's a "flick fire" kind of weapon and you can either flick it to launch it or you can pull his "Power Attack" mid-torso joint to the side and let it go, causing Trap Jaw to "launch" the projectile. It's kind of fun and shows off the versatility of the "Power Attack" features.
* Trap Jaw's boots are very menacing with a very medieval feel to them. He's also sporting some pants that look like they've been stitched back together. That's a cool detail.
* Trap Jaw's massive pauldron does get in the way of his articulation a bit. It's a larger, soft overlay and when you lift and lower the robotic arm the pauldron tends to catch on his head. Oops.
Are you a fan of Trap Jaw/ Kronis? Then check out Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap, an archive of all of my Trap Jaw related reviews!
For more He-Man and the Masters of the Universe reviews check out the following:
8.5 inchBattle Armor He-Man
Post a Comment
What'chu talkin' 'bout?