Height: 7 1/8ths inches
Articulation: Toe hinges, swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, thigh swivels, swivel/hinge hips, swivel waist, ball jointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, butterfly hinges, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged fingers, and a swivel/hinge head.
Accessories: 4 faceplates, rocket launcher, missile, machine gun, box magazine, and harvesting tool.
Non-Scalper Price: $25 dollars
* The Scientist is noticeable larger than the rest of the Legendary Series figures released thus far and he's sporting a very heavy duty battle suit. He kind of reminds me of Iron Monger from the first Iron Man movie. He's molded in a grayish colored plastic with some brighter red and yellow paint applications that add to The Scientist's industrial feel. There's some great texture work on the black parts of the suit that appear to be the bodysuit of the scientist, too, and lots of individual armored pieces.
* Overall the Scientist has similar articulation to the standard figures. His arms are a bit more limited but everything else works well for a bulky guy in a massive armored suit. He's certainly durable and you could give him to a kid to play with with no concern of breakage.
* The Scientist comes with the Light Machine Gun which also appeared in Legendary Loadout #1. The Fortnite accessories have a design aesthetic that captures the look of real world weapons but renders them in a slightly cartooish style, so while this might not fit in with your G.I. Joe Classified Series figures it looks great with the Fortnite line. This is a larger scaled weapon than most others but it fits with The Scientist quite well.
* This version of the Light Machine Gun (based on the M249 SAW) has a removable magazine container. It's held on by a simple plug and can pop on or off to allow your figures to reload. Pretty cool!
* The Scientist has another weapon from Legendary Loadout #1: The Guided Missile Launcher. This is a fairly standard looking action figure missile launcher but it does fit well with the figures and has some cool paint applications to give it a bit more character (they differ ever so slightly from the Legendary Loadout release). It reminds me of one of the missile launchers from Trendmasters' Independence Day line due to the design and the colors.
* The missile actually fires from launcher! Pull the the trigger and it fires. It's not the strongest launch but it's decent.
* The Scientist's harvesting tool is all new, though. The Stealth Angular Axe is a pretty sweet looking melee weapon that seems like it could be useful as a tool if needed. Of course, it's probably best used for conking enemies upside the head. Groovy.
* The Scientist has the same shoulder articulation as the rest of the figures in the line but due to his bulky armor he can't carry either of his weapons with both hands. Since they're weapons clearly designed to be carried with two hands, this is definitely kind of a flaw, don't you think?
* I love most of the detail on the figure but some of the elements on the armor are pretty soft looking and could either use a paint job or a bit more crispness to the sculpt.
* The Scientist again suffers from the problem of hand hinges that just don't work that well for the weapons included. This is definitely an issue that I imagine won't be a problem once Hasbro has the license, so that's at least one bright point to the swap.
If you're a fan of The Visitor, also check out the Fortnite: Legendary Series The Visitor.
Ragnarok: Max Level
Skull Trooper (Purple Glow)
Awesome - love the multiple visor choices.ReplyDelete
Yes, indeed. I really hope Hasbro continues with the multiple faceplates and visors in their 6 inch Fortnite line.Delete