- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Saturday, March 7, 2020
Action Figure Review: Beef Boss from Fortnite: Legendary Series by Jazwares
Height: 6 inches
Articulation: Hinged toes, swivel/hinge ankles, boot swivels, double hinged knees, thigh swivels, swivel/hinge hips, waist swivel, balljointed mid-torso, "butterfly" pecs, swivel/hinge shoulders, bicep swivels, double hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged fingers, swivel/hinge head.
Accessories: Patty Whacker spatula, tactical shotgun, Deep Fried backpack, cake, dynamite, and 2 pistols.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Seriously, is this guy crazy or what? I love his garish blue and orange color scheme! You might think that he mostly shares the standard Fortnite body parts but you'd be mistaken. His arms and boots might be reused but everything else is completely unique to him. Take a closer look at the orange parts of his outfit and you'll see that Beef Boss is covered with little dots. Those are sesame seeds! He's rocking a sesame seed coated outfit. Pretty cool, huh?
* This headsculpt is really cool. I'm presuming it's supposed to be someone in a costume rather than an actual sentient hamburger, right? I think I'd rather he be an actual sentient hamburger. He kind of looks like one of the hamburgers from Ed's dream in Good Burger. The little details are cool such as the visible tomato and cheese slices and the olive on top. perfection!
* Beef Boss is sporting a logo for Durrr Burger on his right thigh that's quite nicely applied.
* He's also rocking a belt pouch on his right hip and a container carrying ketchup and mustard on his back left hip. I love the little bottles of ketchup and mustard he's toting around! How cool of a detail is this? He's all ready for an Atomic Pepper eating challenge for sure.
Toy Biz's Marvel Legends line a run for its money. The inclusion of things like toe joints, lots of swivel hinges, double hinged elbows and knees, and butterfly pecs allow this guy to take some crazy poses and uses two-handed weapons with ease. Heck, even the finger joints, which I once complained about, feel tighter now. Beef Boss holds his weapons with ease!
* Beef Boss' Back Bling is called the Deep Fried and it is a side of fries. A side of fries to go along with a giant hamburger. Get it? The fries are all nice and jagged looking while the Beef Boss' face is printed on the front of the carton.
* I've never considered the need for a giant spatula to use as a melee weapon but Beef Boss' Patty Whacker has changed my mind. I'm going to run down to Spatula City and pick one up. Imagine getting smacked across the face with one of these?
* The rest of Beef Boss' weapons and accessories are reused from previous figures, but that's OK since he already has so many new parts. His primary weapon is the Tactical Shotgun, which also came with Jonesy. It looks like a standard tactical shotgun but it has lots of extras including a more sophisticated stock and perhaps a screen of some sort on the right hand side. It's really nicely painted, too, and seems a bit brighter than Jonesy's.
* Beef Boss also includes the same Dual Pistols as DJ Yonder. These are really cool little pistols with an excellent sculpt. While some of the Fortnite weapons look a little more stylized and cartoonish than others, these are some of the best sculpts in the line. These would look fantastic with the upcoming G.I. Joe Classified figures, wouldn't they?
* If you're looking for something spicy then check out Beef Boss' sticks of dynamite. TNT, baby! This also with Crackshot, but can you ever really have enough dynamite?
* Now, borrowing from Valkyrie, Beef Boss comes with a slice of cake. He really should come with a fried apple pie, shouldn't he? The cake is apparently a consumable item in the game that shows up from time to time and restores some health and some shields. It's a simple slice of cake with sprinkles painted on the edges. Dang, now I'm really getting hungry for a big piece of cake.
Beef Boss is another excellent figure in this line. He might not have the swappable faceplates that so many other figures have but he has a great headsculpt, a very colorful and unique design, and lots of solid accessories. He's lots of fun and whether you add him to your Fortnite: Legendary Series collection or use him as a random villain in any number of other toylines, you'll be pleased. He's incredibly fun and just might make you a bit hungry, too!
This is the first figure of Beef Boss I've reviewed on the site. For more Fortnite: Legendary Series reviews, check out the following:
Molten Battle Hound
Omega: Max Level (Purple)
Ragnarok: Max Level
Skull Trooper (Purple Glow)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
What'chu talkin' 'bout?