- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Christmas Haul 2019: Valkyrie from Fortnite: Legendary Series by Jazwares
Height: 6 1/4ths inches
Articulation: Hinged toes, swivel/hinge ankles, calve swivels, double hinged knees, thigh swivels, swivel/hinge hips, waist swivel, balljointed mid-torso, "butterfly" pecs, swivel/hinge shoulders, bicep swivels, double hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged fingers, and a swivel/hinge head.
Accessories: Assault rifle, ax, wings, pistol, cake, and three interchangeable portraits.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Valkyrie has an incredibly cool appearance that seems to bring together viking and Norse influences with some barbarian/ fantasy designs. She looks like she'd be at home in Skyrim, Asgard, or palling around with Conan and Red Sonja. Valkyrie has a completely unique sculpt and is covered with really cool armor. The paintwork is excellent, too, and all of the minor details on the figure are given paint hits to bring them to life.
* Valkyrie has an excellent headsculpt. Her blue hair is gorgeous and intricately styled. She's wearing a armored crown of sorts and, of course, she has interchangeable face plates like most other figures in the line. The first face is kind of neutral, and maybe even a bit "sweet-natured." I really like her elaborate eye makeup and the blue lipstick, too.
* Valkyrie's second face plate seems more fitting for a warrior of her caliber, though: She looks like she's reveling in battle with a smirk on her face. This is probably my favorite of the three face plates.
* Last up is a very serious looking face plate. It actually be the most neutral of the three.
* These boots are incredible. Not only are they impressively sculpted but they also like like they're covered in ice. Maybe Valkyrie's been walking through the cold or maybe she brings the cold with her wherever she goes.
* Valkyrie's wearing a furry waist-covering and toting around a small skull of sorts. Why? Why not? Seriously, would you question her fashion choices to her face?
* Valkyrie has some seriously nasty gantlets. Check out the spikes on these! Imagine getting backhanded in the face with these? Sheesh!
* Just like every other figure in the line, the articulation is incredible. Valkyrie's articulation is as strong as any of the male figures and still features the inclusion of things like toe joints, lots of swivel hinges, double hinged elbows and knees, and butterfly pecs which allow her to take some crazy poses and use two-handed weapons with ease.
* Valkyrie's "back bling" is actually a set of icy skeletal wings. These look really cool and definitely make her an even more visually interesting figure.
* The Forebearer is a really cool Norse styled ax that serves as Valkyrie's harvesting tool. This thing is amazing! Seriously, look at the detail on this. I love it and Valkyrie looks incredible wielding it.
* Valkyrie is also toting around a pistol. In the game this is the generic starting pistol (from what I can find on the Fortnite Wiki; I've played the game about three times and that was over a year or so ago). It kind of looks like a few different pistol types, so perhaps it is intended to be an amalgam of some of the most popular pistols out there.
* Oh no! Valkyrie has one of my biggest action figure pet peeves: A knife that's "molded" on rather than being usable! Valkyrie has this cool twisty dagger in a loop on her belt, but you can't remove it. How lame! Seriously, how cool would it have been for her to tote around this little dagger she could pull out and fight with?
The fingers move with one hinge and while they're not as problematic as the fingers on older Marvel Legends figures, I still don't like them as well as the use of alternate hands. They have a fairly tight grip, but sometimes they're still tough to use.
Omega: Max Level, so he's loaded with goodies as well. I really hope some more of the duos get produced, along with more women.
This is the first figure of Valkyrie I've reviewed. For more Fortnite: Legendary Series reviews, check out the following:
Molten Battle Hound
Omega: Max Level (Purple)
Skull Trooper (Purple Glow)