Clawtron was a character from Adventure People and while Fisher-Price hasn't been 100% faithful to the vintage toy, this Imaginext figure is definitely recognizable. Let's check out the Black Clawtron Robot after the break...
Height: 2 7/8ths inches
Articulation: Hinged hips, swivel/hinge shoulders, and swivel wrists.
Accessories: Laser rifle and satellite.
Non-Scalper Price: $3-$4 dollars
* Clawtron is actually made up of repainted parts from multiple previous releases: The head from the X-Ray Alien (left), the body and helmet from the Astronaut Boy (middle right), and the claws that have been around since the series 1 Robot (far right). There are no new sculpted parts here at all.
* The Black Clawtron Robot is pretty sharp looking. Black and silver always look excellent together and the black and silver here, combined with the spacesuit, make me think of Darth Vader. The paintwork is clean and there's a lot of cool little details. Of course, the silver claws are present as well.
* I'm always thrilled with the quality and the articulation on these
little guys. While they're only about 2 7/8ths inches, they definitely
are a throwback to many of the toylines of the 1980s and 1990s due to
random character selection, the durability, and the accessories.
* Clawtron comes with two accessories, the first of which is a long, translucent green blaster rifle. It kind of reminds me of the rifle Princess Leia uses when in her Boushh disguise. It's insanely large but it works with the figure quite well.
* Clawtron also comes with what appears to be a large green satellite. This is a rather unusual accessory as there really isn't a way for the figure to use it (is this reused from another set, perhaps?) but it's interesting and unique.
* Another cool thing about the satellite and the laser cannon are that they can attach together. The handle on the rifle fits right into the top of the satellite turning it into a mobile weapons system.
* I really wish Fisher-Price has tried to better replicate the vintage Clawtron's head. They don't use the armor overlays much anymore and this may have been a great way to capture Clawtron's look. Also, I wish the helmet were removable.
This is the first figure of Clawtron/ Black Clawtron Robot I've reviewed. For more Imaginext Collectible Figures, check out the following:
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 2 by Fisher-Price (2014)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 3 by Fisher-Price (2014)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 4 by Fisher-Price (2015)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 5 by Fisher-Price (2015)
Crash Test Dummy
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 6 by Fisher-Price (2015)
4 Arm Alien
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 7 by Fisher-Price (2016)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 8 by Fisher-Price (2017)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 10 by Fisher-Price (2018)
Astronaut Boy w/ Alien Pet
Hot Dog Guy
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 11 by Fisher-Price (2018)
Centaur Horse Man
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib