- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
Sunday, February 28, 2016
Action Figure Review: Constable Zuvio from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III by Hasbro
Height: 5 1/2 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed hips, ball jointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Vibro-halberd and a sensor pack.
Non-Scalper Price: $18-$20 dollars
* One of the things that does stand out about this figure is that he looks really impressive. Constable Zuvio is a Kyuzo, like Embo from Clone Wars, and thus has a similar rounded helmet. He also has some bright yellow eyes and looks pissed off as all get out. What'cha mad about Zuvio? Getting left on the cutting room, floor?
* The paint work on Constable Zuvio is really nice. His armor has some excellent weathering on top of the metallic paint it's been gven. Furthermore, Zuvio's robes look really worn and dirty. He's definitely one of the better looking figures in the Black Series.
* Constable Zuvio comes with two accessories: His sensor pack and a vibro-halberd. The vibro-halberd is an awesome battle staff weapon. It's nearly as tall as Zuvio himself and looks like a cool, cobbled together weapon. There's a strap that can be used to sling it over Zuvio's shoulder, although it doesn't incredibly well. Still, the paint apps and sculpting on the halberd are top notch. Really good looking stuff here!
* I love how Zuvio's sensor pack attaches to his back. There's a traditional plug but there are also two "belts" that slip into the back of his cloak, making it look like his pack actually has straps. The backpack has some excellent weathering effects and looks very original trilogyish.
* Zuvio's articulation feels very limited. Not just in his legs (which are really stiff and hampered by his cloak) but his shoulders also feel like they're tucked a bit too far into the sockets. He's not poorly articulated, but he feels limited in some ways that should have been easy to avoid.
* Is it just me or does Zuvio's face look a bit smooshed? Not majorly smooshed, but definitely a bit flat compared to the few shots of the character from the film. It still looks good, but it definitely could look better.
I'm not going to dock the figure for this but Hasbro really needs to work something out with Disney if they're going to keep releasing Star Wars figures every year for new films. I like this figure, but Hasbro should have had a better idea about other characters. I mean, we've had Toy Fair 2016 pass now with no announcement of a Black Series Maz Kanata, Rey w/ a lightsaber, Luke, Leia, Supreme Leader Snoke, Unkar Plutt, Nien Numb, Sidon Ithano, or anyone else who actually did anything in the film, but we have a figure of Constable Zuvio? There's a major problem here, don't you think?
I've reviewed plenty of other Star Wars: The Black Series figures, including:
Star Wars: The Black Series (6 inch) by Hasbro (2013)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith)
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (6 inch) by Hasbro (2014)
Boba Fett (Prototype Armor)
Clone Commander Cody
Clone Trooper Captain
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III (6 inch) by Hasbro (2015)
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Phase 1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5