Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise. While Luke is pretty similar to Han in many respects, there are actually some cool differences between this figure and the other Stormtrooper figures in the line. Ready for a closer look? Then join me after the break...
Height: 5 7/8ths
Articulation: Swivel/hinge, double hinged knees, swivel
thighs, ball jointed hips, a ball jointed abdomen, swivel/hinge shoulders,
swivel biceps, double hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, a hinged neck,
and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Blastech E-11 blaster rifle, comlink, and a Stormtrooper helmet.
Non-Scalper Price: $20-$22 (I paid $20 at a convention! Shocking, right?)
* Luke has some pretty nice articulation. That makes since he utilizes most (but not all!) of the basic Stormtrooper body which I've looked at one, two, three, four times already! This guy works pretty much the same and feels nice and sturdy. Some of the joints are a bit rubbery, though, something Hasbro has done away with for many of the new figures.
* Remember what Leia said about Luke being "a little short for a Stormtrooper?" Well, Hasbro made sure that Luke is indeed a Little short for a Stormtrooper. Rather than just reuse the former Stormtrooper body, Hasbro actually redesigned the torso so that it rests lower on the body, thus making Luke look a bit short for his armor. Pretty cool, right? I'm really glad Hasbro captured this detail as it definitely makes this figure feel like more than a cheap re-hash.
X-Wing Pilot version from series one of Phase I but that makes sense. There's less paint work here, but honestly I think it looks a bit more natural.
As you can also see, Luke has the ribbed collar around his neck, something the standard Stormtroopers are missing.
* One difference between this set of Stormtrooper armor and the rest which have been released is that this one contains a slot to hold a comlink. Remember Stormtrooper TK-421 who had his own comlink? Well, now this figure of Luke (who stole TK-421's armor) has one too! It's a tiny piece but it fits nicely in Luke's left hand or in the clip on the belt. That's a very cool detail, but it's not over yet...
* Besides the aforementioned comlink, Luke comes with the two default pieces of his Stormtrooper disguise: A helmet and an E-11 blaster. The blaster doesn't have any paint applications but the helmet sure does. It looks great! This might not matter to anyone else but I will report that the Helmet is different than Han's helmet. Luke's has some ridges inside to help the helmet stay more securely on his head without wobbling around.
* Like Han in disguise, Luke also looks pretty convincing with his helmet on. There really aren't any crazy odd proportions here to mess things up; Hasbro did an admirable job of keeping the helmet and Luke's head correctly sized.
From the Black Series, I've also reviewed Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit) and Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot). I've also reviewed the Hero Mashers Luke Skywalker Vs. Darth Vader. If you're looking for more figures from the Black Series, I've also reviewed:
Star Wars: The Black Series (6 inch) by Hasbro (2013)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith)
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (6 inch) by Hasbro (2014)
Boba Fett (Prototype Armor)
Clone Commander Cody
Clone Trooper Captain
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III (6 inch) by Hasbro (2015)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Charlotte MiniCon Haul: Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disguise) from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II by Hasbro
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
What'chu talkin' 'bout?