The Masterverse marathon continues with another figure from series 3: Fisto! Fisto had very limited screen time in part one of MOTU: Revelation and had a small but memorable role in part 2. Sadly, Fisto didn't live as he and Clamp Champ were turned into zombie-like creatures and then quickly killed. I'll be honest: I wasn't thrilled with those two being killed off like that. I'm OK with a story killing well established characters off, particularly if there death serves a purpose, but Fisto and Clamp Champ's death seemed to happen for shock value and kind of left me aggravated. Remember how the early issues of the DC comic from a few years back randomly and violently killed off characters for shock value? Yeah, that's what this felt like. It's a shame, too, because both of those guys always seemed destined for greatness. Anyways, we do get a really nice Fisto figure out of it. I love Fisto and I really like this figure but mine does have a few annoying quality control issues that sour the experience a bit. Let's check out Fisto after the break and see what's going on with this punchy guy...
* This might be the greatest Fisto headsculpt ever. I like it even better than the Masters of the Universe Classics version. Fisto has a fantastic expression and some really impressive facial hair. He's always gone back and forth between having brown hair and being a ginger but here he's definitely got some red hair. I guess that explains his temperament, huh?
* Fisto comes with his fist that he utilizes in the show. Remember that part where he holds it up, looks at Skelegod, and angrily says "I'd sure like to fist him." Yup. That actually happened. Interestingly, besides Fisto's giant fist just being giant and cool looking the fist itself is actually made of die-cast metal. That's a cool feature!
* This line has very solid articulation, really some of the best I've
seen on a Mattel action figure. He moves freely, has a nice range of
motion, and the joints are plentiful.
* Fisto comes with three interchangeable hands for his left hand: A standard grip for his sword, a open handed palm to deliver a slap, and a smaller fist.
* He also comes with his classic sword though here it's given a nice silver blade to complement the purple handle. I love it.
* I love this guy so I'm really disappointed that Ive got some negatives that are all quality control related. First up is a small crack in the plastic part of his giant fist. I'm not sure why this is here (it doesn't seem to be getting larger or anything) but it is a weird sight to see. Maybe something to do with the die-cast metal fist?
* Next up is a fused elbow joint. The upper joint is fine but the lower elbow joint is completely fused with the lower arm. I tried heat and all the tricks but that plastic is fused. This is the first QC issue like this I've seen in the line and it is a bit disappointing.
Man, it pains me to give Fisto the low score of an Eh and a 1/2 but my guy has some serious QC issues. His headsculpt is the best Fisto sculpt ever and he just looks incredible but a fused joint and the cracked fist don't bode well for this guy, especially with the recently inflated price on these. I'm honestly contemplating requesting a replacement in the hopes that I just got a dud. Anyone else have Fisto and have a better version than mine? Let me know! It'd be a shame for one of the coolest characters to have so many flaws.
If you're a Fisto fan, check out my review of the Origins Fisto, the MOTU: Revelation Eternia Minis Fisto, and the Fisto and Stridor set, Fisto from the M.U.S.C.L.E. Masters of the Universe #1 set, the Loyal Subjects' Fisto, the Mega Construx Fisto and Fisto & Cliff Climber, and the Club Grayskull Fisto.
You've got a duff one. Exchange it. This wave isn't out here in UK yet but plenty of my friends on insta and in Revelation FB groups have this figure with no issues at all and love it.ReplyDelete
And yeah that head sculpt is fantastic.
Sorry you got a dud. My Fisto doesn't have any QC issues, other than the eyes being applied slightly askew, but not too noticeable.ReplyDelete