- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
Thursday, June 16, 2016
Micro Review: Classic Characters (2nd Edition) from Micro Machines: Star Wars by Galoob
Height: 5/8ths to 1 1/16ths inches tall
Set Includes: 9 microfigures: Yoda, Luke Skyalker, Darth Vader, C-3PO, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Han Solo, Princess Leia Organa, and R2-D2.
Original Retail Price: $6-$8 dollars
* C-3PO was released a few times in the Micro Machines line but it seems like each time Galoob was able to do something cool with him such as having hi carrying one of his limbs, strapping him to Chewbacca's back, sitting him in the Ewok throne, or placing him in a box as a pile of scrap. This is an incredible sculpt of C-3PO with some really nice paint work, although the pose is a but odd. Is he...dancing?
* While the Spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi was included in the Dagobah playset, the only other corporeal Obi-Wan was included with the Death Star Double-Takes playset. Old Ben desperately needed another micro figure and Galoob gave us this amazing Obi-Wan. I love the detail on his robes, the gesturing hand, and the presence of the staff. This is such a cool looking microfigure that could fit in well with so many different scenes.
* One of the most significant figures in this set is Princess Leia in the red outfit she wears on Cloud City (the vintage Kenner line called this the Bespin Outfit). Leia was not released in this outfit in any other set so it was pretty cool to finally get this variant. While the figure seems a bit more brownish than red, I love her pose and her stance. This is Leia at her Imperial fightingest!
* Another R2-D2? Yeah, but this is the sensor-scope version (something none of the other Galoob Micro Machines versions had). Since so many fans and collectors hold the vintage Kenner line in such high esteem, a microfigures like this that also had roots in the Kenner line was a big deal. It'd be interesting to think about what Kenner figures never made it into the Micro Machines line as Micro Figures, but that's a different post for a different day.
If you're looking for more reviews of Micro Machines, check out the (inferior) Hasbro Micro Machines I've reviewed on this site:
Micro Machines: Star Wars by Hasbro (2015)
First Order Star Destroyer Playset
First Order Stormtrooper Playset
Millennium Falcon Playset
Of course, if you're a fan of the characters in this set, you'll be glad to know I've reviewed plenty of toys based on them, too!
For everyone's favorite protocol droid, I've reviewed the Hero Mashers C-3PO!
I've reviewed a lot of Chewie product: The Smuggler's Bounty Funko POP! Chewbacca #63 [Flocked], the Black Series Phase II Chewbacca and Phase III Chewbacca, and the Hero Mashers Chewbacca.
Darth Vader is a popular guy and I've reviewed the Black Series Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader, and Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath), a Hero Mashers Vader, and two separate Hero Mashers Anakins.
Han is also an insanely popular character, and I've reviewed the following figures: The standard Black Series Han Solo, Han Solo & Tauntaun, Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise) and Han Solo from The Force Awakens.
I've reviewed a few Lukes from the Black Series (Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit), Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot), Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight), Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disguise)
, Luke Skywalker & Wampa), and farm boy Luke Skywalker) as well as the Hero Mashers Bespin Fatigues Luke.
I think the only Obi-Wan I've reviewed is the Black Series Obi-Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith).
I've reviewed a couple of Black Series Princess Leia figures, including: Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
and Princess Leia Organa (Boushh).
R2-D2 also only got one review from the Black Series: R2-D2
Yoda's solitary review is his Hero Mashers version.