- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Action Figure Review: Luke Skywalker from Star Wars Hero Mashers by Hasbro
Height: 5 7/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge knees, swivel thighs, swivel/hinge hips, swivel shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, and a swivel/hinge neck.
Accessories: Lightsaber, blaster pistol, and laser blast effect.
Non-Scalper Price: $10 dollars
* I've reviewed a number of these figures and I'm always impressed by the durability. I've mentioned that while I like these, I really bought them because my 2 year old loves them. She loves Star Wars and these are some of her favorite toys to play with. Suffice it to say that these are great toys as the past ones have survived the play of a 2-year old thus far (with parental supervision, of course).
* The sculpt is pretty strong. While the likeness is pretty generic (it really could be a number of Rebel pilots under that helmet. Except Porkins. There's no way it could have been Porkins.) the effect of the goggles is cool as it's a separately attached piece. The chest panel, life vest, and various flares and cylinders on the sleeves and boots are nicely rendered, too. It's pretty impressive and blends well with the stylized look these figures have.
* The paint looks good, too. It's neat, colorful, and captures the classic feel of the Rebel pilots. The orange is dead-on and the gloves and boots are black and shiny.
* Luke comes with two accessories: a Lightsaber and a blaster pistol. These are both of the accessories you would expect to find with this figure and they're both pretty cool. The right hand is open to hold either weapon while the tips of either weapon can plug into the peg hole in the left hand. The blaster has a mean blaster effect on the end but....wait...!!!! What is that?!!!
* The blast effect is removable? Wizard!!! Yippeee! Now this is podracing! Seriously, this is amazing. Hasbro has actually improved these figures! The blast effect detaches and it makes this figure immediately cooler because he's not always firing. I asked for this change last year and it has finally happened! This is some stellar stuff right here.
* There's also a peg hole on the side of the pistol! That's another thing I asked for last year! Do you think they read these reviews? Was I responsible? Because, seriously, who else has reviewed Star Wars Hero Mashers in such depth way as yours truly? Anyways, the side peg lets you nicely attach the blaster to either of Luke's hips which, let's be honest, is just the Geonosian's knees.
*My only negative is that these figures still don't have swivel/hinge shoulders. It's odd that you can't "mash" these figures at the shoulders not can Jedi figures really swing their lightsabers convincingly. Since Hasbro has made some improvements with this series, though, maybe we'll see more improvements made in the future.
Now I just have to sneak him back in to my daughter's collection....
I've reviewed plenty of other Star Wars Hero Mashers by Hasbro, including:
Han Solo Vs. Boba Fett
Jar Jar Binks
Jedi Speeder & Anakin Skywalker
Luke Skywalker Vs. Darth Vader
Sith Speeder & Darth Maul
Yoda Vs. Emperor Palpatine