- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
Sunday, March 13, 2016
Minifigure Review: Olimar from World of Nintendo by Jakks Pacific
Height: 1 3/4 inches (without helmet)
Articulation: Swivel neck
Accessories: Two-piece bubble helmet
Non-Scalper Price: $3.50 - $5 dollars
* I really like how Jakks captured Olimar's likeness. They managed to capture the simplicity of the character design while still making him a fun, interesting figure. Part of that might be due to the pose they chose which depicts Olimar directing the Pikmin.
* Hey! He even has his little whistle and a hole in his bubble helmet so he can use it! I really like this little detail as the whistle is a key accessory for Olimar. It's not removable or anything but it does look really cool with him.
* I love the retro space look and feel of Captain Olimar's helmet. It's a two piece bubble that fits over his head and offers a clear 360 degree view of his head sculpt. It matches his in-game look very nicely and adds a lot of character to the figure.
* Be careful with the little plastic antenna on Olimar's helmet! It seems like it could be very fragile and could potentially break if Olimar fell or was mishandled roughly.
* I know I mentioned that I like the removable helmet, but it really is hard to keep it on Olimar's head once you remove it. The seal isn't tight and it tends to fall off. I'm honestly wondering if a simple piece of clear tape might help to keep the helmet sealed.
I've reviewed plenty of other World of Nintendo figures, including:
Gravity Suit Samus
Link (Ocarina of Time)