Orko figure Super7 just released. The differences are extremely minor but this Orko is actually based more on the Filmation cartoon color while the previous Orko is based on the toy version. Let's check out the cartoon colors Orko after the break...
Height: 2 3/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel hips, swivel shoulders, and a swivel head.
Non-Scalper Price: $10 dollars
* On the left is the cartoon colors Orko I'm reviewing today while the single carded Orko is on the right. As you can see, the differences are that the shade of the hats and robes are slightly different and the colors of the scarves are different. Filmation Orko has a purple scarf while "toy" Orko has a pink scarf.
* For most of the information about this figure, check out the review of the previous figure. There's not much different to say about this figure that I didn't already say in the previous figure. I still like the sculpt and the paint applications. I'm a bigger fan of the cartoon depiction of Orko, so this one is a bit cooler in my book.
* Orko comes with the same wand that the previous figure did: This isn't an
accessory that the vintage figure came with (he came with a ripcord and a
magic trick) but it does seem to resemble the wand Orko carries
sometimes in the Filmation cartoon. While the 200x Orko and the MOTUC
Orko carried more detailed wands, this one is pretty simple. It does
have a little ridge about a third of the way up to, I presume, to give
Orko a better grip.
* My Orko did have a little errant paint flaw on his robe, right above the "O" emblem.
* If you couldn't tell from my intro I really, really don't like the whole trend towards releasing blind bagged/ blind boxed items. Can someone explain to me the appeal of blind boxing items like this targeted towards collectors? Why can't I just buy all of the figures individually, as I very well may if I could buy them like nearly every other figure released.
If you're an Orko fan I've also reviewed the green Orko M.U.S.C.L.E.
minifigure from the #1 Masters of the Universe set by Super7 and the standard Orko ReAction figure.
For more Masters of the Universe ReAction figures check out the following:
Mer-Man (Carry Case Colors)
Skeletor (Los Amos)