Star-Lord from Guardians of the Galaxy. I dig it! He's definitely one of the "plainer" figures in the line, but considering the line has blue haired Norse warriors, living nutcrackers, and a giant banana, that's to be expected. Let's take a look at Rust Lord after the break...
Height: 6 inches
Articulation: Hinged toes, swivel/hinge ankles, boot swivels, double
hinged knees, thigh swivels, swivel/hinge hips, waist swivel,
balljointed mid-torso, "butterfly" pecs, swivel/hinge shoulders, bicep
swivels, double hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged fingers,
Accessories: Sawtooth harvesting tool, backpack, shotgun, revolver, shield potion, mushroom, and a grenade.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* While he might share some basic parts with the other figures, such as arms and legs, Rust Lord has a lot of unique parts including the large pouch on his belt and, of course, his red leather jacket. It's a cool look that is completed with a blue bandanna and a small badge with the "U" logo of the Unreal engine underneath the spiked strap running across his chest. His pants also have a bit of a light camouflage pattern on them, making them stand out. Err, I mean blend it. I don't know? What's the correct way to speak about camouflage?
* Rust Lord has a really cool armored helmet that kind of looks like a motorcycle helmet. It does have a metal visor, though, so presumably he's peeking out the little holes in the front. There's some sort of symbol painted on the front of the helmet, too, though I can't identify it.
* Like every other figure in this series, the articulation on Rust Lord is incredible. He feels sturdy, durable, and has articulation that feels
like it could give Toy Biz's Marvel Legends
line a run for its money. The inclusion of things like toe joints, lots
of swivel hinges, double hinged elbows and knees, and butterfly pecs
allow this guy to take some crazy poses and uses two-handed weapons with
* Rust Lord's back bling is called the Rust Bucket. It's a fantastic backpack loaded with details such as extra ammunition, tubes, and what might be an old license plate slapped across the back.
* His harvesting tool/ melee weapon is the Sawtooth. It's also part of the Storm Scavenger set of items, just like the Rust Lord costume and the Rust Bucket backpack. It looks like a mixture of a climbing ax and a pickax with a very detailed sculpt. There's also a really cool painted design on the head of the tool, which shows off a bit more of Rust Lord's funky personality.
* Rust Lord comes with the insanely nasty looking Scoped Revolver, a massive revolver equipped with a scope. It's a fantastic sculpt with clean paint applications and it's easily one of my favorite pistols in this line thus far.
* Rust Lord also comes with the Pump Shotgun, which Peely also came equipped with as well. It's modeled after the Common, Uncommon, and Rare versions of the weapon.
It's a pretty standard shotgun design although it certainly has the boxy
look to it that most of the Fortnite weapons seem to have. This is another of my favorites as the weapon is nicely designed with
gunmetal and wood finishes.
*Rust Lord also comes with a Shield Potion, which also came with Tomatohead and the Skull Trooper.
* Rust Lord comes with another accessory that came with Peely: The mushroom. There's actually a
hole in the side of the mushroom that Rusty's thumb can fit into,
allowing him to hold it better.
* Rust Lord's last accessory is called the Shadow Bomb. It looks like a flashbang grenade, but in game it apparently allows you to cover yourself in smoke, making you invisible. It's vaulted now, though, which means you can;t use it anymore. Rust Lord can, though. Isn't it nice that no one can come and vault your toys?
* Rust Lord doesn't have extra expressions like most other figures in the line, although his helmet still has a weird seam line around the "face" as if at one point he was meant too. Weird, huh?
This is the first figure of Rust Lord I've reviewed. For more Fortnite: Legendary Series figures, check out the following:
Molten Battle Hound
Omega: Max Level (Purple)
Skull Trooper (Purple Glow)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib