Battle for Eternia Collection and the Wind Raider Attack sets. Now MOTU is getting it's own line of minifigures, too. Instead of mixing in characters from other properties, this series is straight up MOTU, baby! First up is Evil-Lyn. Evil-Lyn appeared in series 4 of the Mega Construx Heroes line in her vintage toyline appearance but here we have her in her Filmation colors. Let's check Evil-Lyn out after the break...
Height: 2 inches
Articulation: Hinged knees, balljointed hips, swivel waist, swivel/hinge
shoulders, swivel/ hinge elbows, swivel wrists, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: Five piece staff, two shoulder cuffs, and display stand.
Non-Scalper Price: $5 dollars
* On the left is the new Evil-Lyn in her Filmation inspired color scheme while on the right is Evil-Lyn in her vintage toyline color scheme from Mega Construx Heroes series 4. As you can see, the figures are largely similar with only three differences other than color: The waist pieces are different, the stands are different, and the orbs on top of the staffs are different.
* Like the previous release, Evil-Lyn largely shares her body with the Mega Construx Teela figure.
That was true in the vintage line and in Masters of the Universe
Classics and it's the same case here, too. Her waist piece is a little different, which matches the simpler design of the Filmation character. The paintwork is quite sharp
for this being a 2 inch figure and this time Evil-Lyn has the paler skin from the Filmation and MYP cartoon series.
* Evil-Lyn's bicep cuffs are removable as well. These are used
on a number of the figures and serve as wrist cuffs on the male figures.They actually stay on very well for being such small pieces.
* Considering this figure is only 2 inches tall, the figure has a nice headsculpt with solid paintwork.The level of detail is quite good and it looks good in person. Remember, you're looking at a larger photo of a very small figure, so any deficiencies are magnified.
* The Mega Construx minifigures are very, very impressive. The articulation is incredible! Seriously, these
are some of the most well articulated toys you will find in this scale. They're
durable, poseable, and really, really fun. Heck, you can even customize
them easily, too, since all of the parts can disconnect. These are pure hand candy!
* Evil-Lyn includes a light blue staff/ wand that's made out of five
different pieces. It's very similar to the wand included with the previous Evil-Lyn, although instead of a unique wand tip there's just a small black orb. Sine her staff is blue, you could actually have her swap staffs with the vintage colored Evil-Lyn if you desired.
* To help display these, each figure includes a stand. The stands are different than the ones included with the previous figures and are now just one solid piece rather than being made of three pieces.
* Also like with the previous Evil-Lyn, the orb on the top is far too small and just looks rather odd. I kind of wish the wand was a single molded piece, like so many of the other weapons in the series.
If you're a fan of Evil-Lyn I've also reviewed the M.U.S.C.L.E. Evil-Lyn from the Masters of the Universe green boxed set, the ReAction Evil-Lyn, Super7's neo-vintage Evil-Lyn, and the Mega Construx Heroes Evil-Lyn.
For more Masters of the Universe Mega Construx, check out the following:
Battle for Eternia Collection
Wind Raider Attack
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib