Height: 5 3/4ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, calve swivels, swivel/hinge knees, balljointed hips, waist swivel, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a double balljointed head.
Accessories: Two elbow pads, armor, helmet, and sledgehammer.
Non-Scalper Price: $15 dollars
* On the left is the single packed Triple H while the Triple H from the Grayskull Mania set is on the right. These guys are actually the exact same figure, just with different paint applications and different accessories. The single packed Triple H has really cool armor while the Grayskull Mania Triple H has Skeletor's Terror Claws with him.
* Like with the Grayskull Mania version of Triple H, you're getting a pretty strong wrestling figure if you take off the armor. Of course, the removable armor is what really makes this feel more like a MOTU figure. It's very cool and while MOTU fans will automatically equate the iron cross emblem with He-Man, the crowned skulls and spikes makes this seem like something that a villain would wear. Or, heck, maybe even King Grayskull. I could see this working for a Lodar custom, too.
* This Triple H has the same headsculpt as the previous release. Interestingly, it's not a more recent Triple H likeness but one from a few years back when he was still wearing some fairly long hair. He definitely has a very "barbarian-esque" look to him, though, so I could see him fitting into a line like Masters of the Universe Origins just fine.
* Triple H's helmet is awesome. I seriously think a lot of folks who plan to make MOTU customs with these figures once MOTU Origins comes out will love this armored crown and mask. It's very cool and would make an excellent piece for Skeletor. Heck, I could see this as being the basis for some really cool troops for Skeletor, too. I love the purple eyes on this!
* Triple H's armor actually has a soft good cape on the back which looks very cool. It's made from a fairly sturdy material and looks all tattered at the base. I'm actually excited to see if Mattel handles Hordak's cape like this in MOTUO as well. I can't wait!
* These guys are built on the body Mattel is using for Masters of the Universe Origins, which works really well. The articulation is identical to the Triple H from the Grayskull Mania set which means he has great articulation. These are very fun figures and each one gets me more and more excited for the release of the main MOTU line.
* Triple H is infamous for his sledgehammer so Mattel has given him a weapon that seems like a cross between a sledgehammer and a more fantasy based war-hammer. It's a pretty large weapon with some nice sculpted details, including a skull on the side of the hammer. I imagine this thing just so happens to be sitting under the apron of the Grayskull Ring whenever Triple H fights. Imagine that!
* Packed in with each standard MOTWWEU release is a minicomic of sorts. It's only 4 pages (cover, bio, comic, and back page with cross sell art) but it looks cool and does offer some cool information on the role of the characters in WWEternia.
* Like with Sting, I ordered this figure through Walmart.com's Masters of the WWE Universe store and ended up getting multilingual cards. That's OK, except that the minicomic is the multilingual version, which means it has no word bubbles in the comic and no bio for Triple H. Instead, his name is written in a bunch of languages. It's not the multilingual aspect that bothers me, but the fact that all of the fun details are gone.
If you're looking for more of Triple H, I've reviewed Triple H from the Grayskull Mania set, the Series 35 Elite Triple H and the WWE Zombies Triple H.
For more Masters of the WWE Universe figures, check out the following:
Cool figure, but, they're skating on copyright infringement thin ice in my opinion, as he looks an awful lot like Mortal Kombat's Shao Kahn!ReplyDelete
Ehh, I doubt it. I do see the resemblance, but it's pretty tough to do copyright infringement, especially with a character design that's so archetypal. Of course, Mortal Kombat has lots of characters that are clearly meant to be other people, too (Kano is the Terminator, Raiden is one of the furies from Big Trouble in Little China, and Shang Tsung is Lo Pan from BTILC), so I doubt they'd do anything.Delete