my last review of a figure from series 2 of Super7's The Worst but today I'm back with a look at another villain from this series: Shedusa! Offering up a new take on a Medusa styled figure, Shedusa is an interesting figure. She seems a lot more colorful than most other figures in the line and actually has a regular human face unlike any other member of The Worst. Ready for a quick look at this slithery archer? Then join me after the break...
Height: 3 3/4ths inches
Articulation: Hinged waist, swivel shoulders, and a swivel head.
Accessories: Bow and quiver.
Non-Scalper Price: $15 dollars
* Rather than have a snake-like had, Shedusa has a fairly normal looking head (more on that in a bit) with a snake like body. The sculpting is pretty cool here with lots of scales and other little details. Again, this definitely looks like a late 1970s/ very early 1980s action figure (I'd compare it to something from Mattel's Clash of the Titans line) which is true to the aesthetic Super7 was going for. The paintwork is rather colorful and well applied.
* If you've ever picked up a retro figure like this, you probably know what to
expect: 5 points of articulation and all swivel joints. Well, that's true here expect that Shedusa has a tail rather than legs, so she only has 4 points of articulation. She feels quite
well made and sturdy and definitely of a better quality than some of the
earlier Funko ReAction figures that Funko put out. Super7 has been very
consistent in the quality of their ReAction lines.
* In a detail that would be fitting for one of the Snake Men, Shedusa has a snake for a right hand. Yes, her right hand is literally just a snake complete with an extended tongue. How awkward! Is this really Shedusa and the human head is just a facade? What's going on here?
* Rather than legs Shedusa has a coiled tail that serves as a stand for her. It's quite cool looking and even has a rattler on the end.
* Shedusa has two accessories, the first of which is a bow. The bow is molded from simple plastic and definitely feels like a vintage accessory due to it's size and simplicity. It also has a cool design: The bow is actually made of a curved snake. See the rattle and the head?
* Shedusa's second accessory is a quiver of arrows. This fits over across her torso and gives her a place to store all of her (presumably) venom tipped arrows.
* If you read this site regularly, you know that packaging has to be
pretty special for me to bother mentioning it. The Worst has some
incredible card art and is absolutely worth mentioning. Featuring
illustrations of the characters by Ed Repka, a prominent illustrator of
album covers, these cards really bring these characters to life. Without
this art and a glimpse into the "idealized" versions of The Worst, I
don't think these figures would have half the appeal they do. As it
stands, the card art is one of the best parts of the figure.
* I'm not feeling the headsculpt. It's very... just plain. Where's the green lipstick? The wavy hair like in the picture? It's just rather plain and uninteresting, sadly.
This is the first figure of Shedusa I've reviewed. For more reviews from The Worst, check out the following:
Batula (Midnight Special)
Black Falcon (Midnight Special)
Gas Phantom (Midnight Special)
Robot Reaper (Midnight Special)
Snake Tut (Midnight Special)
X-2 (The Unknown) (Midnight Special)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Action Figure Review: Shedusa from The Worst by Super7
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
that head sculpt reminds me of a Charles Schulz Peanuts character .ReplyDelete
Dang, man. That's spot on. Weird!Delete
All I can think of is Sedusa from Power Puff Girls...ReplyDelete
I had to look up Sedusa. She is pretty cool looking. I can see some similar themes there for sure.Delete
I like it but your right that head is off almost looks like Lucy from the peanutsReplyDelete
Ha! looks like somebody already said that sorry 😀Delete
That's funny that two of y'all came to the same conclusion! It must be true then, huh?Delete
Its on the internet has to be true.Delete
Those are the rules copy and pasters on facebook live by.Delete
It's definitely an original looking interpretation of Medusa. Love The Worst.ReplyDelete
Yeah, they're so fun. I'm very curious to see the repaints they offer for this series.ReplyDelete