- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Thursday, March 14, 2019
Action Figure Review: The Joker from DC Primal Age by Funko
Height: 5 1/2 inches
Articulation: Balljointed hips, swivel waist, swivel shoulders, and a swivel neck.
Accessories: Ax and shield.
Non-Scalper Price: $12 dollars
* The Joker is built like every other figure in the line, which is to say he's very much an homage to Masters of the Universe. The Joker might look the most like an MOTU figure, though, as he's bare chested with harness and shaggy, He-Man like hair. I'm a longtime fan of Elseworlds and the mid 1990s Kenner Legends of Batman line and this figure captures the magic of both of those things for me.
* The headsculpt is pretty creepy. I mentioned it already but the Joker's shaggy haircut definitely makes me thing of the vintage He-Man figure a bit. Of course, the menacing green eyebrows and messy red smile certainly just scream "Villain!"
* The Joker's harness has a droopy flower on it (I wonder if it sprays acid?) and, most disturbingly, "HA" scratched into his chest. These are raised, so maybe he just scarred himself over and over to get this effect. Downright creepy, right?
* Two cool daggers are hanging from the Joker's belt. They're not removable but they look pretty nifty and definitely add more detail to the figure.
* On the Joker's right shoulder is a metallic green pauldron adorned with the symbols from a pack of playing cards. The Joker Beast had a spade on it along with a joker symbol, so it's fitting to see the connection between the villain and his mount.
* Not only does Joker have barbarian boots but the cuffs of his boots actually look kind of wilted and floppy. I like it! It just fits the character and ties in nicely with the tails we often see on his coats.
* Joker comes with two accessories, the first of which is a short ax. With a "wooden" shaft, a bronze head, and a purple grip, the sculpt and paintwork is excellent on this. Like with Scarecrow's scythe this is another accessory that easily could fit in with a NECA line or even in MOTUC due to it's overall quality and detail.
* The Joker's shield is pretty cool, too, as the bronze color matches the ax blade. There's even a little joker relief on the front!
I've reviewed so many figures of the Joker that he has his own review archive: Check out The Joker's Funhouse for more Joker themed reviews!
For more DC Primal Age reviews check out the following:
Ace the Bathound
The Joker Beast
Mister Freeze "Ice Mode"