- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- Hokey Halloween Horror!!!
- My Batgirl Collection!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Gallery
Saturday, April 1, 2017
Action Figure Review: Zoom from One:12 Collective DC Universe by Mezco
Height: 6 1/2 inches
Articulation: Balljointed ankles, boot swivels, double hinged knees, balljointed hips, balljointed waist, balljointed mid-torso joint, swivel/hinge shoulders w/ butterfly joints, bicep swivels, double hinged elbows, double swivel/hinge wrists, balljointed neck, and a double balljointed head.
Accessories: 3 pairs of interchangeable hands, 4 lighting effects, 1 tornado hand, display base with posing arm, and accessory bag.
Non-Scalper Price: $80 dollars
* Like most other One:12 Collective figures, Zoom's articulation is phenomenal. The joints are plentiful, functional, and feel extremely sturdy. Like other characters wearing full body suits, they're also all hidden. Zoom's costume helps in giving him a full range of motion and you should have no problem putting in some excellent running, jumping, and fighting poses.
* Perhaps the the biggest technical difference between Flash and Zoom is the headsculpt. Zoom has a very nasty looking scowl on his face. The sculpt is really clean with some incredible paint work and a nice wash on the teeth to bring attention to his grimace.
* The costume on Zoom is really well done. It's rather simple, just a basic, fairly form fitting bodysuit with a chest symbol, but the look is pretty impressive. The material looks fantastic and definitely gives the figure a vibe that is far more impressive than a Mego. It also feels like a very high quality piece, and I'm not noticing anything in the construction that causes me to feel concerned. The combination of yellow with red highlights just pops too, making this guy a truly standout figure in the line.
* I want to point out two things about Zoom's boots: 1. They have a very nice range of motion, overcoming what has been one of the weaker aspects of these figures in the past. 2. The boots not only have cool little bolts on the sides but they also have a nice dark wash to bring out the textures on the soles.
* Here's a closer look at the Reverse Flash logo, too. I love how these are raised, solid emblems. They look so darn classy.
* Zoom comes with three sets of hands: Grappling hands, standard fists, and some flat, open palms that look like running hands. These look great and swap out easily. It's not a ton, but it's about all a character not interacting with too many accessories needs.
* Like every other One:12 Collective figure, Zoom comes with a personalized display stand. His is the Reverse Flash lightning bolt logo. The peg to hold the figure on the stand is positioned off center to give the figure plenty of room to stand or run.
* Mezco makes these figures very easy to store. For longer term storage, it's nice to know that the gorgeous boxes these figures come packaged in are completely collector friendly. Second,to keep the extra accessories and hands close by when not in use, Mezco also gives you a cool branded bag. It's just a simple plastic bag with a Ziploc styled closure, but it's appreciated.
* My one complaint with Zoom is the belt. He and Flash both share this piece and there's just something about it that I find awkward. The belt is made from a harder plastic and is permanently attached to the back of the costume. It's not attached in the front, though, which is intended to help the waist articulation move smoother. Unfortunately, it seems like a potential breaking hazard due to the thin plastic.
You know what? I have reviewed another Reverse Flash/ Zoom figure before: The CW Reverse Flash from the DC Comics Multiverse line. If you're looking for more One:12 Collective DC Universe figures, check out the following:
One:12 Collective DC Universe (2015)
Armored Batman: Batman V. Superman (Convention Exclusive)
Batman: Batman V. Superman
Batman and Mutant Leader (SDCC Exclusive)
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (PX Previews Exclusive)