- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Action Figure Review: Chewbacca from Star Wars Hero Mashers by Hasbro
Height: 6 1/4 inches tall
Articulation: Swivel/hinge knees, swivel thighs, swivel/hinge hips, swivel shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, and a swivel/hinge neck.
Accessories: Bowcaster and satchel.
Non-Scalper Price: $10
*Having reviewed so many of these Hero Mashers over the past few months, I'm largely repeating myself here: These figures are fun, durable, and the ability to mix and match the head and limbs with other figures is pretty cool. I also like that Chewbacca is taller than most other figures. This isn't a line that slaves over accuracy and such but I'm glad that Hasbro kept that little detail.
* It's funny to see a character like Chewbacca in this style. He's definitely recognizable although there is definitely something comical about his appearance. I like that Hasbro didn't just go with a solid brown paint job, opting to mix in some darker colors into his fur. It makes for a nice, fun Chewbacca for the younglings.
* I really like that Chewbacca's satchel and bandolier are a separate piece from the main torso. Not only does this help give you more options in mashing these figures up but it also just makes for a cooler looking figure.
* I friggin' love this Bowcaster! It's really well detailed, pretty authentic, and it features a green bolt of energy flying out of the barrel. Chewbacca looks great wielding this against his enemies. Seriously, I think this is even a bit cooler than the Bowcaster that comes with the Black Series Chewbacca. It's large and impressive, just as it should be.
* I have to admit that I'm not sold on the body of Chewbacca. He looks kind of odd. The arms and legs look fine but the torso itself just has a bizarre appearance to it that I can't quite put a finger on. While Chewbacca is tall and muscular, he's really not that thick but this figure makes Chewie look like he's been snacking on too many Jawas.
If you're a big fan of Chewie then you'll want to check out my review of Chewbacca from The Black Series Phase II!
I've also reviewed plenty of other Star Wars Hero Mashers figures, including:
Han Solo Vs. Boba Fett
Jar Jar Binks
Jedi Speeder & Anakin Skywalker
Luke Skywalker Vs. Darth Vader
Sith Speeder & Darth Maul
Yoda Vs. Emperor Palpatine