- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
Wednesday, December 2, 2015
Action Figure Review: Poe Dameron & First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III by Hasbro
Height: 6 1/8th inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed hips, ball jointed stomach, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, a hinged neck, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Jacket, flight helmet, and a blaster rifle.
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed hips, ball jointed mid torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Blaster rifle, blaster pistol, riot shield, and a stun baton.
Non-Scalper Price: $40
*Both of these figures are really fun to play with and feel plenty durable to handle posing and reposing. While I miss the double jointed elbows on the First Order Stromtrooper body (the original Black Series Stormtroopers had them), there's still plenty of useful movement here.
* Poe Dameron is a really great figure. I love his outfit as it just has a very "Star Wars" vibe it. There's a lot of great detail on his clothing, particularly the various folds and wrinkles on his jacket and shirt and the interesting seams down his sleeves. The jacket is a separate piece that fits over his torso. Since the sleeves are part of his sculpt, however, you won't want to remove it or anything as it would just look odd. The weathering on the jacket is quite nice and shows some good paintwork on Hasbro's part.
* This is a pretty good headsculpt of Poe Dameron, played by actor Oscar Isaac. He looks tough with a bit of stubble on his face, but he also looks weary and battle-worn. From what I've gathered, I think Poe is fiercely loyal to the Resistance cause, even to the detriment of his own health and well being. If I'm correct, then the headsculpt conveys that quite well.
* I really love this rifle that Poe Dameron comes with. It looks like a powerful and accurate weapon. The detail is quite intricate on it and I'm really digging the weathered paintjob. Poe looks awesome holding this!
* The Riot Control Stormtrooper is really no different than the basic First Order Stormtrooper figure from the first series of the Black Series Phase III which I reviewed back in October. It's just as good as the original figure but includes more accessories. What's not to like?
*My only real negative with this set is that the riot shield on the Stromtrooper's arm is insanely difficult to remove and put back on. It comes packaged and I have a feeling that the figure's arm was assembled with the shield on there. The shield can be removed but it is insanely difficult. I really had to pull and fuss with it. My suggestion is to just leave it on and buy a regualr First Order Stromtrooper if you want one without a shield.
I've reviewed a few other Star Wars: The Black Series figures, including:
Star Wars: The Black Series (6 inch) by Hasbro (2013)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith)
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (6 inch) by Hasbro (2014)
Boba Fett (Prototype Armor)
Clone Commander Cody
Clone Trooper Captain
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III (6 inch) by Hasbro (2015)
First Order Stormtrooper