Height: 7 3/4ths inches
Articulation: Hinged toes, double swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, swivel/hinged hips, balljointed waist, balljointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders w/ ball sockets, bicep swivels, double hinged elbows, double swivel/hinge wrists, and a barbell jointed head.
Accessories: Sword, hammer, and display stand.
Non-Scalper Price: $25-$30 dollars
* Medieval Spawn is cool with a capital C. He is a seriously nice figure who is pretty hefty, too. He takes most everything cool about the vintage Medieval Spawn, and amplifies it. He's sporting a traditional Spawn paintjob of red, black, and white and is adorned with armor in different metallic shades like bronze, silver, and even a metallic maroon. We'll talk about the armor in a bit as most of it is made of separate pieces (though they're not removable), but let's start by talking about the base body. The sculpt is excellent with some fantastic detail on the armor he's wearing. There looks to be a chaotic mixture of plate armor and chain mail, so odds are no one is even making a dent on this guy. He's really well protected and looks very, very metal.
* Medieval Spawn is wearing a helmet and his Spawn-like face is sculpted to look like the visor/ faceplate on a suit of armor, but with the traditional Spawn features. You know: points, green eyes; that kind of stuff. There's a nice wash on the helmet to bring out the various rivets and detailing on the faceplate.
* Spawn's arms are covered with armor. He's sporting some very lethal looking vambraces on his forearms that are covered with spikes. While the spikes aren't actually sharp here (they're a bit rubbery) they look sharp. You don't want Medieval Spawn to backhand you while he's wearing this gear. You'd likely get poked in all the wrong places. He's also sporting a wicket pauldron on his right shoulder that is adorned with spikes.
* On his left shoulder is another pauldron that's sporting a giant skull. He's metal, baby!
* This armored belt/ waist piece is absolutely wicked. This might just be the coolest part of this figure. The bronze armored element looks fantastic while the chains and skull belt buckle remind everyone that you had better stay out of his way or Sir John of York is going to go medieval on you.
* Medieval Spawn has a sculpted cape, but it's a nice looking sculpted cape with detail for the "fabric."
* OK, so I do have a few negatives here. First, despite how awesome the sculpt is on this figure, I do have to complain about the light grey plastic used on the belt, boots, and vambraces. It really needed to be more metallic looking or given a drybrush. It brings down an otherwise amazing looking figure.
This is a figure of Sir John of York, the Medieval Spawn, though this particular version is when he takes over the body of Marc Rosen. I've also reviewed the vintage Medieval Spawn figure.
If you're looking for more Spawns overall, check out Spawn Alley for all of my Spawn reviews.
For more review from this series of Spawn figures check out the following: