Last month I was at my local Bargain Hunt and found this Ragsy figure from Hasbro's Fortnite: Victory Royale Series for around $7 dollars, so I scooped her up. I haven't had much interest in any of Hasbro's other Fortnite figures but for $7 bucks Ragsy can make a pretty cool figure. Maybe she can even hang out with the Dreadnoks or be a Marvel Legends goon? I really liked Jazwares' Fortnite: Legendary Series but, to be honest, I just don't have any real attachment to the Fortnite brand. I sold most of my figures, kept the accessories and figures I wanted, and moved on. Ragsy was kind of an impulse pick up for sure, but she does offer me a chance to see what Hasbro is going with the line. Let's check her out after the break...
Height: 6 3/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/ hinge ankles, boot swivels, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, balljointed hips, balljointed waist, mid-torso hinge, butterfly pecs, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, balljointed neck base, and a barbell jointed head.
Accessories: Shotgun, backpack, and two harvesting tools.
Non-Scalper Price: $25 dollars
* Ragsy has a great; kind of a mixture between a punk rocker/ Mad Max styled post-apocalyptic warrior and a mascot. While there are lots of color and subtle style variants in the Fortnite universe, Hasbro seems to really be relying on unique bodies for this line more often than not, which really keeps things feeling fresh and varied. While it's not really removable, Ragsy's jacket is a separate piece covering her t-shirt and the harness for her belt that she's sporting underneath. There's some nice paintwork on the figure and most areas that are unique items (the straps for the spiked shoulder pad, the cuffs of the jacket) get a paint hit.
* Ragsy's belt is pretty cool. It looks like brown leather with hip pads and some extra magazines permanently attached. I'm also really digging the star tattoos running down the sides of Ragsy's belly button. Pretty spicy!
* The articulation is really good. There may not be as many joints as Jazwares had on their female Fortnite figures but the articulation is a bit smoother and everything works perfectly. It's very similar to what you'd expect from a newer Marvel Legends, G.I. Joe Classified Series, Power Rangers Lightning Collection, or Star Wars: The Black Series figure. A great range of motion and a durable build. he even has the pectoral hinge joints on the sides of her shoulders.
* Ragsy comes equipped with the new Legendary version of the Tactical Shotgun. It's a nice accessory. Not as nice and crisp as Jazwares' Fortnite weapons, or the weapons from Hasbro's G.I. Joe line, but it's still decent with some good detail and a paint application across the top.
* Ragsy comes equipped with the Snack Attackers harvesting tools. They're pink bladed pickax like weapons. The first one has the head of fast food mascot Tomatohead on it, which definitely makes it stand out.
* The second of the Snack Attackers has the Beef Boss on it. I like the tongue hanging out of his mouth. Very funny stuff.
* Her backpack is a small, heart shaped backpack with a broken heart patch on the back. There are also some pouches on the side and some extra rounds of ammunition across the back.
* My only real negative is that Ragsy looks far too "clean." According to al of the in-game renders and art, she's supposed to be quite dirty. Some drybrushed grime would have really sealed the deal on this grungy girl, but alas, there aren't any extra paint effects of the sort.
This is the first figure of Ragsy I've reviewed.