Ace the Bathound earlier today so now that we've reviewed Batman's steed it's time to check out the Joker's steed. In DC Primal Age the Joker rides the monstrous Joker Beast. Interestingly, I like the Joker Beast far more than I like Ace. He's a more interesting design and just feels like a higher quality product. He kind of reminds me of one of the various lizard-like mounts that the enemies rode in the Golden Axe games or perhaps even a repainted Dewback. He's a cool mount and gives you more coolness to surround the Batcave with. Let's check out the Joker Beast after the break...
Dimensions: 4 inches tall, 11 1/2 inches long
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* I love the headsculpt on the Joker Beast! He just looks so colorful vicious, and fund. He looks like something that could have come out of LJN's Dungeons & Dragons line or perhaps even The Other World. The paintwork on the eyes and teeth are incredible and the open mouth looks fantastic.
* The Joker Beast feels much more substantial than Ace the Bathound. He really has the feel of a very high quality toy. The bright purple and scaly texture are super cool and just make this guy stand out from the crowd.
* I love the tail, too. It reminds of something from Definitely Dinosaurs, although I don't know why. The stubby nature of the tail, maybe?
* The saddle on the Joker Beast is excellent. It looks good, features a lot of paint applications, and feels durable. It's a really nice piece.
* Even cooler is the fact that the saddle has some cool Joker design elements on it such as the spade on the top of the chair on the saddle and the jester head on the front of the saddle. It even has gold eyes and teeth!
* They're not as noticeable as on Ace the Bathound but the Joker Beast still has these weird little recesses in the legs. I wonder why? It seems unnecessary, doesn't it?
This is the first Joker Beast I've reviewed on the site. For more DC Primal Age figures, check out the following:
DC Primal Age by Funko (2018)
Ace the Bathound