Height: 5 3/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge knees, swivel/ hinge hips, spin- swivel waist, and swivel/hinge shoulders.
Accessories: 2 spin shields and a spear gun.
Year of Release: 1991
* We're going to talk about Spinwit's neon color palette in a few minutes but for now let's talk about the overall look of the figure. Spinwit really does have some nice sculpting here, as do most of the New Adventures figures, which shows off lots of technical doodads and such. He has a low of different textures on his outfit and various details like belt pouches, wires, and armored bits.
* Spinwit does have an action feature that affects his articulation but overall it doesn't render him unplayable. He still has moveable knees and hips and swivel shoulders. Oddly enough his head doesn't rotate. Everything else is good, though, and he's a fairly fun toy.
* Spinwit comes with two Spin Shields that can attach to his arms. I initially thought Spinwit himself generated tornadoes but looking at these things, maybe they allow him to generate the tornadoes? Or maybe it's kind of a 50/50 sort of thing. They're quite cool and they definitely make the figure look better when he's sporting them.
Remember when I said Staghorn's weapon looked like it was from the Captain Power toyline? Well guess what? Spinwit's "spear-rocket trident" is actually from Captain Power! The 1988 Captain Power figure Col. Stingray Johnson came with this exact same weapon! I'm surprised Mattel didn't reuse more Captain Power accessories in this line, to be honest. It is a cool piece but what is the deal with all of these space guys using harpoons and arrows and stuff?
* Most of the "He-Man" figures for the Galactic Guardians feature removable helmets but Spinwit doesn't get one. It ends up making him seem kind of boring, too. I don't know. He's just kind of dull.
* Yeah, we gotta talk about the colors. Wow. Spinwit is bright. I mean, neon orange sleeves with yellow bracers? Pink pants? Prince Adam called, Spinwit: He said tone things down a bit! Lisa Frank called and said she needs some sunglasses because you're giving her a headache. The Toxic Crusaders called and said you need to try some earth tones in their, bro. Seriously, this guy is absolutely garish. Yikes! I love colorful figures but Spinwit takes it too far.
Karatti might be the worst of the Evil Mutants (and he's not all that bad) but Spinwit/ Tornado is definitely the worst of the Galactic Guardians as far as I'm aware. He does have a cool action feature, so I'll give him that, but the crazy colors mixed with a fairly bland design definitely leave me cold on this one. Cold but with scorched corneas. Spinwit is an Eh and a 1/2 figure and an easily skipped member of the Galactic Guardians.
This is the first and only figure of Spinwit / Tornado released. For more reviews from Mattel's He-Man line check out the following: