* Major Bludd is pretty incredible looking, though that can be said of the majority of the figures in this line. Hasbro just keeps knocking them out of the park. Major Bludd is clad in a mixture of browns with a bit of silver for his armored bids. His heavily armored torso is a separate (but non-removable) rubbery piece that sits over a standard torso. There's some impressive detail there that shows off all of the different panels and crevices of the armor. There's also some nice padded elements on his regular brown outfit and a bracer on his left forearm. I'm sure the base body parts are reused but I can't identify them off hand.
* Major Bludd's helmet fits his head perfectly and he looks really cool in it. It definitely completes his look though he still looks impressive without it, too.
* Major Bludd's cybernetic arm is on full display here and it looks awesome. The sculpt is fantastic, very sleek and modern, and definitely ensures that you know this is a prosthesis rather than some sort of armor. The pauldron that covers the shoulder joints is removable but it's also hinged to facilitate a pretty good range of motion.
* I'm not sure how many times I can reiterate that the articulation is
nice and incredibly useful for getting excellent poses out of the figure.
There are plenty of joints and they all move quite
well. Hasbro has been on a roll for quite a few year now, making some of
the sturdiest and most well designed 6-inch scaled action figures on
the market and the Classified Series is quite possibly at the head of the pack in terms of articulation on a mass market figure.
* One of the missiles can fit right onto the barrel of the launcher. It stays on securely and while it might be a but cumbersome it does at least keep the end of the missile a bit further away from Bludd. That seems like a very desirable safety feature.
* Does Bludd need his hands free to write some bad poetry? The launcher can pop on to the back of his backpack for storage! How cool!
* The missiles fit on the backpack kind of loose. Be careful as they can easily fall off and get lost or chewed up by the dog or something.
* The dog tags are a great accessory but the look a bit too thick for the figure. The chains are too large and don't stay in place terribly well. He looks better holding them in his hands.
Major Bludd is another Epic figure in this line. The G.I. Joe Classified Series just continues to impress me with every release. Hasbro is doing an amazing job with these and Major Bludd is definitely in the top half of the figures in the line with one of the best headsculpts so far. Fortunately he's been easier to find so stay vigilant and you should find one soon enough. He's incredibly cool and a great update of the vintage toy!