Becky Lynch and most of series 6 almost three months ago I was really starting to fear that either under ordered series 5 or that Mattel had under produced the it but I stumbled upon the three figures I was missing at my local Walmart a couple weeks ago! Let's check them out, starting with "Macho Man" Randy Savage decked out in the colors of the hWo, the Horde World Order. While the Randy Savage figure from series 2 played tribute to the classic 1980s era Macho Man this one pays tribute to his WCW days with influence from his nWo membership and his time leading the stable Team Madness. The Macho Man with Horde imagery? Sounds good to me! Supposedly this figure is the Macho Man after he was attacked by the evil warriors of WWEternia and placed in the Slime Pit. Let's check out the hWo "Macho Man" Randy Savage after the break...
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, calve swivels, swivel/hinge knees, balljointed hips, waist swivel, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a double balljointed head.
Accessories: Macho Mace, bandana helmet, arm band, two shin guards, battle armor, and minicomic.
Non-Scalper Price: $15
* hWo Macho Man is on the left while the series 2 "Macho Man" Randy Savage is on the right. The figures are mostly repaints although the armor is different and the hWo Savage has an armband.
* Here's the Macho Man aligned with the Horde World Order! Macho Man is now wearing a white and black color scheme with a big silver Horde emblem on his armor. Interestingly, this armor is the same as the Masters of the Universe Classics Hordak's armor though with fewer paint apps.
* The headsculpt looks to be exactly the same as on the previous Macho Man. It's clearly classic 1980s styled Savage though the glasses are different. I love the white teeth on the black lenses!
* To show off his hWo allegiance the Macho Man sporting a removable arm band with a silver Horde bat on it.
* Take off his armor and the Macho Man is sporting this cool print on his torso. Madness, y'all.
* He's also sporting a Madness branded Horde bandanna helmet that fits over his head. It's given some "tech" details on it to make it look somewhat like Man-At-Arms' classic helmet. He's the Macho Man-At-Arms, I guess.
* Masters of the WWE Universe often reuses parts from
Masters of the Universe Classics, and here again Macho Man's shin guards are
reused from Man-At-Arms and the Eternian Palace Guards. This time they're molded in black, though. You know. Cause of the Horde.
* The previous MOTWWEU Macho Man reused the made from the MOTUC Man-At-Arms but this time the Macho Mace is reused from the Origins Man-At-Arms. I love the look of the mace in white. It's very hip!
* Behind each standard MOTWWEU release is a minicomic of sorts. It's
only 4 pages (cover, bio, comic, and back page with cross sell art) but
it looks cool and does offer some cool information on the role of the
characters in WWEternia. This one features Macho Man talking about his transition to the hWo.
* Like the previous figure the bandanna helmet really
doesn't "cling" to his head. It rests on his head just fine but if you
move him while he's wearing it, it is definitely going to fall right
* The Horde bat looks great in silver but it has some messy paint applications. It's rare to find more than one of these guys on a shelf at a time so picking the best paint job isn't very likely.
I don't like this version of "Macho Man" Randy Savage quite as well as the previous figure but he is a pretty cool variant. There haven't been too many of the superstars who have gotten more than one figure (off hand I think we've gotten variants of John Cena, Triple H, Ultimate Warrior) but Macho Man is a beloved wrestling icon and this was a cool story relevant variant. I know some folks just loathe these figures but I think they're pretty cool on their own but also a neat way to add more characters and parts to the Origins line and even to get some interesting variant parts for MOTUC. "Macho Man" Randy Savage in his hWo attire gets a Great and a 1/2 rating. Oh yeah!!