- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Saturday, July 16, 2016
Action Figure Review: Wasp from Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Ant-Man by Hasbro
Height: 6 1/18ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball jointed hips, ball-jointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, a hinged neck, ball jointed head, swivel hinge main wings, and pivoting secondary wings.
Accessories: Torso for Ultron build-a-figure
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars (although I found her for less than $10 at my local Wal-Mart, so shop around.
* Not only does Wasp have the same great articulation and sturdiness that most other Marvel Legends have but she also has some pretty impressive articulated wings!
* I absolutely love this headsculpt. The short, choppy do is incredibly gorgeous and has a nice paint wash to bring out the details. I think Wasp is one of the best looking Marvel Legends figures Hasbro has put out! There's just so much character in her headsculpt!
* Here's a look at the wings. They're actually four separate pieces that attach to the figure. These work great, feel very sturdy, and have a cool translucent effect to them.
* While I'm not planning on building this figure, I still give props to Hasbro for continuing to offer Build-a-Figure parts. I will say that I've seen Ultron assembled in person and don't think he's particularly impressive, but it's nice to have the option to build him if you really want the character. Otherwise it's an extra robot torso to throw around in a battle scene of some sort.
* While Wasp's costume isn't too crazy the metallic looks great! Sometimes yellow on black can go horribly awry when it comes to paint but Hasbro did a fine job here. This looks really sharp.
* Other than the build-a-figure piece, Wasp comes up empty-handed in the accessory department. I'm not sure what might have worked for her accessory wise but I can say that I would have loved an alternate portrait inspired by her appearance in Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Or a miniaturized version of Wasp herself. Ant-Man came with one, so Wasp should have, too!
* Wasp does have a couple weird little problems that are just minor QC issues that I feel I should still mention. First is the "flash" on her right wrist. Even thought I removed the big piece seen in the picture to your right there are still some smaller pieces hanging around. Secondly, there's a bit of yellow paint slop on her right calve. Not sure what that's from (probably the edges of her boot soles) but it's annoying.
I haven't reviewed any other figures of Wasp but I have reviewed plenty of other Marvel Legends figures from Hasbro, including:
Marvel Legends: Captain America by Hasbro (2016)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series by Hasbro
Captain Marvel (Maidens of Might)
Doctor Strange (Marvel Heroes)
Guardians of the Galaxy 5-Pack
Hellcat (Fierce Fighters)
Ms. Marvel, Captain America, & Radioactive Man 3-Pack
Scarlet Witch (Maidens of Might)
Spider-Woman (Fierce Fighters)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Avengers by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Avengers: Age of Ultron by Hasbro (2015)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Captain America: The Winter Soldier by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Guardians of the Galaxy by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Spider-Man by Hasbro
Jack O'Lantern (Villains of the Night)
Spider-Girl (Warriors of the Web)
Marvel Legends: Iron Man 3 by Hasbro
Classic Iron Man
Heroic Age Iron Man
Iron Monger Build-a-figure
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
What'chu talkin' 'bout?