- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
Thursday, July 7, 2016
Heroes-Con Haul 2016: Hulk from Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Avengers Age of Ultron by Hasbro
Height: 8 1/4 inches tall
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, swivel/hinge hips, ball-jointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, double hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a ball-jointed head.
Accessories: Build-a-figure Thanos' right arm.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* I love the articulation on this guy! Sometimes larger figures get lesser articulation to their size but Hulk doesn't: He's ready to smash anyone and anything that gets in his way! He's sturdy, well built, and tons of fun to play with!
* Oh my gosh! I love this angry headsculpt! This is some of the best work I've ever seen from Hasbro in the Marvel Legends line. The hair, the teeth, the eyes, and the expression are just killer! This guy looks angry! Really angry!
* Rather than just repainting the previous figure, Hasbro went all out and gave Dr. Banner's angry green form his super cool expandable pants. They have a great texture to them and even have the little Avengers logo on the left and right thighs. Very cool detail!
* I love the texture and skin detail on Hulk's limbs (I'll mention his torso in a minute) as it really makes him a much more interesting figure. While parts of his limbs are reused from the original Avenger's figure that was a Wal-Mart exclusive they still work great here. (Fun fact!: I got my original Avengers Hulk in a trade with the Reel Brad Bell of The Epic Review! I traded him the Captain America Nick Fury for Hulk).
* Hulk comes with Thanos' right arm. Considering that I now own Hulk, Hellcat, and Spider-Woman, I wonder if I should go ahead and try to pick up the other figures in this series to build Thanos. Anyone have any spare parts for sale or trade?
* My only negative with this figure is that while his limbs, hands, and feet are really nicely textured, Hulk's torso is rather smooth. I mean, there's clearly muscles and what not, but it just looks like a different styling than the rest of the figure. Kind of odd, really. I wonder why Hasbro did this, particularly when the Avengers Hulk figure's torso was so good.
Actually, the only other Hulk toy I've reviewed on here is the Disney Infinity: Marvel Superheroes Hulk from Disney Infinity 2.0. I've reviewed plenty of other Marvel Legends though, including:
Marvel Legends: Captain America by Hasbro (2016)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series by Hasbro
Captain Marvel (Maidens of Might)
Guardians of the Galaxy 5-Pack
Ms. Marvel, Captain America, & Radioactive Man 3-Pack
Scarlet Witch (Maidens of Might)
Spider-Woman (Fierce Fighters)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Captain America: The Winter Soldier by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Guardians of the Galaxy by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Spider-Man by Hasbro
Jack O'Lantern (Villains of the Night)
Spider-Girl (Warriors of the Web)