Spider-Woman, under the name Fierce Fighters. I certainly recognize the character although I wasn't aware of her complicated background until I began to research her for this review. Long story short, Hellcat was originally a teenage girl named Patsy Walker who appeared in 1944 in a variety of teen romance and comedy comics (think Archie) published by Timely Comics. Eventually, Marvel takes over and turns Patsy into a superhero in the 1970s. Patsy becomes Hellcat, joins a number of teams such as the Defenders, Avengers, and Lady Liberators. That's a pretty crazy transition. Guess what else? Hellcat is Jessica Jones' best friend Patricia "Trish" Walker on the Netflix series Jessica Jones. The way that Jessica Jones Trish growing up as a teen sitcom star with the show "It's Patsy!": Totally a reference to the fact that the character was originally a teen romance and comedy comic character. Consider my mind blown. That's some incredible work at adapting your material, folks behind Marvel. Now, considering that I have Nuke and Hellcat, and the Purple Man is coming this summer in a SDCC exclusive set, can we please get a Jessica Jones figure, Hasbro? Well, we should probably start talking about Hellcat, so let's get started...
Height: 6 1/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs,
ball jointed hips, ball jointed torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel
biceps, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/ hinge wrists, ball jointed head.
Accessories: 2 batons, build-a-figure Thanos' left arm and head.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
*While the females are lacking the double-hinged elbows some of the male figures have, overall she's an extremely well articulated figure. Marvel Legends are just extremely fun figures to play around with, and it helps that they feel so durable.
* I love the Hellcat headsculpt. It's definitely an unusual look (something about the cowl reminds me of the Adam West Batman costume) but it works for the character. There's some great paintwork both here and on the yellow bodysuit, which gets a nice two-toned effect to give it some dimension. I love it.
* I love Hellcat's claws. The right one is a nice grip while the left one features her fingers splayed out as if she's getting ready to deal some damage to her opponent.
* I like the sculpt of Hellcat's hair but it needs a wash. A paint wash, that is. It's a solid sculpt but a dark wash really would have improved the appearance and shown off the excellent sculpt.
* I'm just not a big fan of these batons. They also came with Daredevil but they're just odd. They're not rubbery like Matt's batons but they're still oddly warped. Also, Patsy only has one gripping hand so she can only hold one at a time or hold them as an odd stick of some sort once you've attached them together.
* Yellow is always a tough color to get correct with paint and it's unfortunate that Hasbro tried to paint the yellow bodysuit just outside of Hellcat's boots and gloves as the yellow paint doesn't cover the dark plastic of her boots and gloves well at all. These parts of her suit now have an ugly greenish tint to them.
This is the only figure of Hellcat I've ever reviewed but I have reviewed plenty of other Marvel Legends figures:
Marvel Legends: Captain America by Hasbro (2016)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series by Hasbro
Captain Marvel (Maidens of Might)
Guardians of the Galaxy 5-Pack
Ms. Marvel, Captain America, & Radioactive Man 3-Pack
Scarlet Witch (Maidens of Might)
Spider-Woman (Fierce Fighters)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Captain America: The Winter Soldier by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Guardians of the Galaxy by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Spider-Man by Hasbro
Jack O'Lantern (Villains of the Night)
Spider-Girl (Warriors of the Web)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run