Masters of the Universe Classics and is also being released in the next series of the Mega Construx figures, even before typical A-list villains like Tri-Klops, Mer-Man, and Trap Jaw. Super7 has of course also included Scare Glow as part of the latest series of new ReAction figures so we're checking him and his eerie glow after the break...
Height: 3 3/4ths inches
Articulation: Swivel hips, swivel shoulders, and a swivel neck.
Non-Scalper Price: $15 dollars
* Super7 did an excellent job translating Scare Glow into the ReAction style. The colors, design, and even the printing of the "bones" on the body are accurate to the vintage figure. While there are lots of reused parts, you wouldn't know it just by looking at Scare Glow at a glance. He seems highly unique, a tribute to the excellent character design of the vintage toy.
* The portrait is excellent. I love seeing creepy stuff like this rendered in the vintage Kenner style of the ReAction line. The eyes, skeletal grin, and crack across his skull look really crisp and clear.
* Does Scare Glow still possess his eerie glow that frightens enemies? You better believe it! The glow on this guy is exceptional! It's very strong with a lovely green hue to it! I'm loving this guy! If you're a glow in the dark fan you'll love this guy.
* Scare Glow's cape is made of a thicker vinyl that seems fairly durable. It's not removable but would you really deprive this guy of his cape?
* If you've ever picked up a retro figure like this, you know what to
expect: 5 points of articulation and all swivel joints. Scare Glow feels
well made and sturdy and definitely of a better quality than some of the
earlier ReAction figures that Funko put out. Super7 has been very
consistent in the quality of their ReAction lines over the past couple of years.
* The card art on most ReAction figures released by Super7 is beautiful
and their Masters of the Universe line is no exception. Scare Glow
features a beautiful illustration of the character by Jason Edmiston. I want Jason Edmistion to come paint this on the side of a van for me! It's incredible! To
preserve the card I actually made a slit in the top of the blister so I
can slide the figure in and out. It work great and allows the figure to
be displayed inside and outside of the card. I've got mine hanging on a
metal pegboard similar to what you'd see in a retail store!
* Last, and certainly not least, Scare Glow comes with his Scythe of Doom. It's a solid green, like most versions of the vintage figure, and it looks pretty cool. He holds it quite nicely as well. I wonder if Super7 will ever do a vintage Weapons Rack in the ReAction line?
If you're a fan of Scare Glow, check out my review of the Masters of the Universe Classics Scare Glow as well!
For more Masters of the Universe ReAction figures check out the following:
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess