standard version is pretty basic while the exclusive version has the explosives and chest straps. Which one will be more prominent in the movie? We'll know in under a month! In the meantime, let's check out this cool new POP!
Height: 4 inches
Articulation: Bobbling head
Accessories: Display stand
Non-Scalper Price: $25 dollars as part of the Smuggler's Bounty box which also includes one other exclusive POP! vinyl, a Hikari Minis Darth Vader, a pin, a patch, and a Rogue One t-shirt.
* I really do like the look of the Imperial Death Trooper helmets. It seems like almost every Star Wars film has some character who generates hype leading up to the film based on their cool appearance. Empire had Boba Fett, Episode I had Darth Maul, The Force Awakens had Captain Phasma, and Rogue One has the Death Troopers. I like the sleek look of the helmet and the green tinted lenses, which are very visible here.
* Here's a close-up of the explosive devices on the Death Trooper's chest. The armor is pretty incredible, right? This guy was really tough to photograph due to being shiny and black, but in person he totally rocks.
* I love this rifle. It kind of looks like the DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle, but there's something different about it. I wish one of Hasbro's Black Series figures had included this beast of a blaste.
* Like the other Star Wars POP! vinyls, the Death Trooper comes with a stand. I love these things and I honestly wish more POP! licenses had them. The figures look so cool standing on them. It really adds to the presentation and to the stability of the figures on display.
* I just like the overall appearance of this figure. Not only is the sculpting excellent but the overall pose just works. Lately a number of POP! figures have been a bit more unique looking (which I like) and a bit slimmer than the earlier figures. This guy, though, looks somewhat chunky and is posed like some of my older POP! vinyls. I just like the look as there is something very appealing about it.
* My figure has quite a few little dings and dents on the head. Since the Star Wars POP! vinyls actually have hollow, more plastic-like heads, they seem a bit more prone to chipping from time to time. It's not horrible, but it's definitely a flaw.
If you're looking for more Death Troopers, I've reviewed both the standard Imperial Death Trooper
and the Target exclusive Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack.
If you're looking for more Star Wars POP! vinyls, check out the following:
Ben Kenobi #99
Boba Fett #102
Captain Phasma [Chrome] #91
Chewbacca #63 [Flocked]
Darth Vader [Bespin] #158
General Grievous #129
Grand Moff Tarkin #159
R2-D2 (Jabba's Skiff) #121
Red Snaggletooth #70
Sabine [Masked] #131
TIE Fighter Pilot #89