- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Thursday, November 3, 2016
Action Figure Review: Oogie Boogie from The Nightmare Before Christmas ReAction by Funko
Height: 4 inches
Articulation: Swivel hips, swivel shoulders, and a swivel neck.
Accessories: Sally's leg.
Non-Scalper Price: $10 dollars (although I've been picking these up at Toys R Us for $7.50 due to a number of recent sales)
* Oogie Boogie has a pretty good sculpt. He's fairly impressive and really captures the "ghost in a burlap sack" look of the character. I like the expression on his face and the various folds and wrinkles present, too. This is a pretty good looking Oogie Boogie, really.
* Oogie Boogie has a burlap like texture all over his body, which is entirely appropriate. Again, I'm not sure a true vintage figure would have had this, but I think it was absolutely the right choice.
* Oogie comes with one of the most unique accessories I've seen lately: Sally's leg. Remember the scene where Oogie Boogie sees Sally's foot peeking out in his layer and realizes it's just her leg and a distraction? That's what is represented here. It's a cool extra and it has some excellent sculpting and a few nice paint application, too.
* While Oogie Boogie has the same 5 points of articulation that most other faux retro action figures have, the way the joints are designed are rather pre-posed. I know Oogie Boogie must be a tough character design to add articulation to and Funko didn't really do anything new here. The guy moves, but it looks awkward when he does.
The only other Oogie Boogie figure I've reviewed is the Diamond Select Oogie Boogie (Toys 'R Us Edition) figure. If you're looking for more Nightmare Before Christmas ReAction figures, check out these:
Jack Skellington (Evil Smile)