I've been fascinated with since I was 8 years old. In addition to having a small but respectable collection of Mothman items and artwork and a shelf full of Motham books I've also made the pilgrimage to Point Pleasant, West Virginia a few times (including once to attend the Mothman Festival), so I'm always down for anything Mothman related. Since Fallout 76 takes place in Appalachia and the Mothman Museum in Point Pleasant is a location in the game, it's no surprise that the Mothman makes an appearance. I was really pleased that Funko added this legendary being as a POP! to coincide with the game's release. Let's check out the mysterious Mothman of Point Pleasant after the break...
Height: 4 1/8ths inches
Non-Scalper Price: $10 dollars
* I've reviewed a lot of POP! vinyls on the site but Mothman is very unlike most other POP! vinyls. His eyes are definitely more accurate to the eyes of the creature in the game than standard POP! eyes and the body type isn't really distinctively POP! either. It really feels like its own, unique thing. It doesn't have any articulation and it's actually rather heavy, especially compared to most other POP! vinyls. I love it, though. There really are not that many Mothman items out there so this is really appealing to Mothman fans. I get the feeling that this will be a really solid seller.
* The paintwork is incredible, too. Check out the red glow on the creature's wings (a very cool feature) and the paintwork, with bits of dry-brushing to bring out all of the detail of the fur, is extremely neat and clean. This is just an amazing looking figure.
* Check out the sculpted detail of the furry body, by the way. I love it. It's very insect-like and adds some extra imposing size to Mothman's build.
* Last, and certainly not least, Mothman actually has six insect-like legs. This is definitely a huge departure from the traditional depictions of the creature, who usually is portrayed as being more humanoid. I still like this interpretation, though, and the legs add a lot of character and uniqueness to the sculpt.
This is actually the first Mothman item I've reviewed on the site. I should have had a Mothman from the Legendary Monsters toyline but after releasing one figure to Kickstarter backers Nevermore Toys failed to release the other three figures that were supposed to be part of the set and ghosted backers. For more POP! Games reviews, check out the following:
Hunter from Resident Evil
Jill Valentine #155 from Resident Evil
Leon Kennedy #156 from Resident Evil
Licker #158 from Resident Evil
Nemesis #157 from Resident Evil
Tyrant #159 from Resident Evil
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run