exactly the same figure as I purchased back in wave 1-4 from 2015. I can understand that there are some figures Jakks wants to get back on shelves, but couldn't they have changed the hands? Give Luigi a new expression? A new accessory, such as the fireball seen on the Fire Bro.? I'm all for reuse but a straight repack in a new series is just insanely lazy and disrespectful because, let's be honest, most of us have to order these sets online from e-tailers. There's no way to avoid these! This review is going to be short and most full of complaints, just like Wario's last relationship. More after the break...
Height: 4 5/8ths inches
Articulation: Hinged knees, ball jointed hips, swivel/hinge shoulders, hinged elbows, swivel wrists, and a swivel neck.
Accessories: Fire Flower
Non-Scalper Price: $12 dollars.
On the left is....the Super Mario Fire Luigi? yeah, that's him. On the right is the World of Nintendo Fire Luigi. They're the same darn figure. Ick. I mean, Fire Luigi was a Good figure, but why straight repack him with no changes. Was there no other figure Jakks could have included? heck, why not make Ice Luigi?
* I'll repeat what I said in the original review about the positives here: I like Jakks work on turning Nintendo characters into three dimensional figures. The articulation isn't crazy but it's solid and fun. These are good toys and still are a thrill for Nintendo fans. I wish these had existed when I was a kid.
Fire Mario came with. This
is a really cool looking accessory as it features the more modern look
for the Fire Flower as seen in games like Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario
Bros., and Super Mario Maker. The Fire Flower is permanently attached to
base which allows it to stand rather nicely alongside your collection
of other Nintendo accessories. I gotta say, these little extras like
Fire Flowers, 1-Up Mushrooms, and Yoshi eggs are really making the line
* Besides being a straight up repack (which I've complained about nearly enough) this Luigi has some paint problems. The white paint on the shirt looks really funky and imperfect. He also has the same problems with his hat looking scuffed up, too.
If you like tall Italian men, I've reviewed a few other Luigi figures: Fire Luigi, Cat Luigi, and the standard Luigi.
For more Super Mario figures, check out the following:
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess