- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- Hokey Halloween Horror!!!
- My Batgirl Collection!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Gallery
Thursday, January 22, 2015
Action Figure Review: Donkey Kong from World of Nintendo by Jakks Pacific
Height: 6 3/4 inches
Articulation: Swivel ankles, ball jointed hips, mid-torso hinge, swivel/hinge shoulders, hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a swivel neck.
Non-scalper price: Around $15.
* I love DK's headsculpt. Yeah, it's kind of goofy, but so is DK. They nailed his hairdo perfectly and captured his massive, cheeky grin and heavy brow. You might want to check the paint on the eyes and teeth carefully as I've seen that some DK's look better than others due to the bleeding of other colors on the white paint.
*Donkey Kong isn't a highly detailed or realistic figure by any means but he still has a cool amount of detail. I like the fur texture on his body and the way that his tie with the DK logo is separate piece. He looks great alongside the other characters in the line since he has the same bold, Nintendo-ish style.
*Donkey Kong's articulation is a bit weak. Not weak in the since that there's not enough of it but weak in the since that many of his joints, particularly his hips, feel a bit loose and floppy. Perhaps the biggest problem is that DK can't really get in his typical hunched over and walking on all fours stance. A combination of his arms being a bit too short and his hips being too loose make him hunch over much too far. He feels sturdy enough (I'm not concerned anything is going to break) but the loose joints are an annoyance for posing and displaying him.
Other World of Ninendo figures by Jakks Pacific that I've reviewed: