Yowie the best, Kinder Joy is a pretty cool product, too. Kinder Joy has released a number of licensed Kinder Eggs such as Frozen, Marvel, Disney Jurassic World, Disney Princesses, and now Star Wars. Last week I was at the store grabbing something before Halloween (I really don't remember what) but I discovered these at the register and had to snag one. I'm a sucker for anything Star Wars and some candy with a Star Wars toy included was absolutely irresistible. When I opened my Kinder Egg I discovered C-3PO inside, although I almost didn't recognize him because of the red arm. Let's take a quick look at this mini C-3PO after the break...
Height: 1 5/8ths inches
Includes: Figure, base, projectile, and target.
Non-Scalper Price: $1.50 to $2.00 dollars
* For a mini-bust smaller than 2 inches (including the base) this is a pretty nicely detailed figure. This is clearly a version of C-3PO from The Force Awakens as he has the red arm rather than the traditional gold one. While the paint is pretty sparse, the likeness is quite good with fairly crisp detail. What pose is he making, though? Is he confused? Saluting? Maybe suffering from the droid version of a headache? It's not a usual pose but it does fit Threepio quite well.
* The nice detail continues on the back. Again, not much paint but lots of sharp, crisp sculpting.
* Included with the set is a cardboard target of a First Order Flametrooper. You just fold down the base and set it up in order to give C-3PO something to shoot at. It's a bit silly, but for some reason I find it charming.
Frozen Kinder Eggs are still the best, though). I don't know if I'll pick up any more, though, as while I like The Force Awakens (all of the figures in this set come from that film) I'm a bit overmerched on it. I could go for BB-8, though. Or Kylo Ren....
If C-3PO is your favorite protocol droid, check out the Black Series classic version and the Black Series Resistance Base version, my daughter's Hero Mashers C-3PO, the Galoob's Classic Characters (2nd Edition) set, the Micro Machines C-3PO/ Cantina transforming playset, Ice Planet Hoth playset, and the C-3PO minihead set, the Micro Force series 1 C-3PO, and the POP! C-3PO [Unfinished].
If you really dig the Flametrooper, I've also reviewed a First Order Flametrooper from the 6-inch Black Series line and a Micro Machines Flamtrooper from the Micro Machines Millennium Falcon Playset.
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap