Height: 5 3/4ths inches
Articulation: Balljointed hips, swivel waist, swivel shoulders, and a swivel neck.
Accessories: Clawed glove
Non-Scalper Price: $13-$15 dollars
* Freddy Krueger has been translated quite well into the barbarian fantasy genre. Funko has captured the character's most recognizable elements, the burned skin, the red and green sweater, and the hat, and transformed them into something more fantastical. The skin is still present as usual (although more of it is showing) but the sweater has been transformed into a furry tunic of sorts while the hat has been turned into a crudely crafted leather hood. It's a great look and the level of detail is quite impressive. The sculpt looks very crisp and clean with solid paintwork.
* The headsculpt is pure Freddy Krueger. Even though it is meant to be purposely "dated" it still captures the characters menacing grin.
* Funko also did an amazing job of capturing Freddy's burned skin. There is a nice bit of paint detailing here to capture the gruesome flesh.
* Again, like ReAction figures, the Savage World figures are designed to mimic the style of a simpler time in action figure design. Freddy has six points of articulation, all swivel joints except for the hips which are balljointed. The balljoints are quite sturdy and Freddy can stand well without tumbling over. He feels pretty nice and solid. I had been worried about the quality of these but I'm quite pleased with how the figures feel overall after having a couple of them in hand now.
* Freddy's claw is still easily recognizable but it has been transformed a bit to look more medieval. The leather glove looks more padded and is covered with brass plates while the finger blades are longer and more wicked looking. It simply clips over his right hand and fits like a ...glove, I'd guess you say.
* Even before I put the claw on Freddy's hand I noticed he had some paint scuffing on his right leather bracer. It's a small paint error, but a QC issue nonetheless.
If you're a Freddy Krueger fan, I've reviewed a couple of other figures of the character including the NECA 30th Anniversary Freddy Krueger and the ReAction Freddy Krueger.
For more Savage World: Horror reviews, check out the following:
I dont know just not a fan of this line but for the right price I will put them in my collection.ReplyDelete
Keep checking Amazon, especially if you have Prime. The two I've purchased were Warehouse Deals that had damaged packaging. I paid around $8 or $9 each, which seemed like the right price.Delete