Happy Re-Halloween! Halloween 2018 was filled with some really great stuff, wasn't it? It's been a pretty good one and I'm excited to wrap it up with a look at a pretty cool pumpkin based action figure from the Grossery Gang: Time Wars toyline by Moose Toys. Today we're checking out Power Up Space Jump Pumpkin, a radical cybernetic pumpkin who apparently can travel through time like a gourd version of the Terminator. I actually own a nice handful of Grossery Gang minifigures but this is the first of the larger action figures that I've owned. I believe these are supposed to be powered up versions of the regular minis, and thus these are in scale with those figures (technically, at least). These have been rather difficult to find as the distribution has been fairly limited. They're quite cool though, although I did limit my self to just the Pumpkin since y'all know how much I love anything related to pumpkins. Let's check out the Power Up Space Jump Pumpkin after the break...
Height:Swivel/hinge hips and swivel/hinge shoulders.
Articulation: 2 3/4ths inches
Accessories: Mini Space Jump Pumpkin, Grot Blaster, and a pumpkin missile.
Non-Scalper Price: $7 dollars
* Again, the Power Up Space Jump Pumpkin is so cool that I'm just going to describe him as I would at a spoken word open mic night event: Pumpkin. Orange. Robot eyes. Vomit. Purple vomit. Neon purple vomit. Red eyes. Jack O' Lantern. The Future! Time travel! Foamy neon purple vomit! Pumpkin! In Soviet Russia, Pumpkin carves you!!!
* The cybernetic elements of Space Jump Pumpkin are really cool. The sculpt is very crisp, very clean, and for some reason reminds me of the vintage Playmates Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures. Moose Toys does a great job with these and has really put out some fun, colorful action figures.
* The articulation on the Space Jump Pumpkin isn't incredibly impressive but it does work well and makes for a fun figure. Seriously, considering these are kind of a modern update to the Food Fighters the minimal articulation is definitely less problematic. It's fun and allows for some play while still making these feel like part of the Grossery Gang line as a whole.
* There are definitely lots of cool little details on the back of Space Jump such as various gashes and dripping pumpkin goo. Again, it's the kind of cool details that made the vintage Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles line so fun.
* Space Jump Pumpkin comes with a regular sized Grossery Gang minifigure. This Space Jump Pumpkin mini not only looks cool and has the regular slight squishiness of the standard Grossery Gang minis but also has some solid plastic parts such as the cyborg eye. It's a really cool minifigure, for sure.
* The Space Jump Pumpkin includes what the package calls a Grot Blaster. It's a large green cannon that fires a purple pumpkin missile. The missile doesn't actually "fire" but instead is really a "flick fire" missile where you simply flick the back of the missile with your finger. It's kind of a cool BFG and looks pretty slick with the figure.
* There's also a cool spot on top of the Grot Blaster that allows you to attach the minifigure on top. It's a fun feature that just seems crazy enough to work...
* I dig purple, don't get me wrong, but shouldn't the pumpkin missile be orange? Also, why not make it a spring loaded missile or at least a missile that uses a tension firing method.
* The Grot Blaster is fairly large so, unfortunately, it's pretty tough for Space Jump Pumpkin to hold. Unless you're having the pumpkin hold it straight up or down at an angle where it's on the ground, posing him with the weapon is pretty tough.
This is the first figure of Space Jump Pumpkin I've reviewed on here.
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap