- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Monday, November 27, 2017
Action Figure Review: Bronze Tiger from DC Universe Classics by Mattel
Height: 6 1/2 inches tall
Articulation: Hinged ankles, hinged knees, swivel thighs, H-hinged hips, swivel waist, mid-torso hinge, swivel/hinge shoulders, bicep swivels, hinged elbows, swivel wrists, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Staff, sword, two eskrima sticks, alternate unmasked portrait, and the right leg of Collect & Connect figure Apache Chief (not included with mine).
Original Retail Price: $17-$20 dollars
* There's just something I love about Mattel's DC Universe Classics line and I've come to appreciate it more and more as the years have passed. It's a beautiful line that fully embraces the vibrant colors and often unusual designs of the DC Comics from the 1960s, 1970s, and early 1980s. Bronze Tiger's orange outfit with red and yellow detailing just looks perfect here!
* The Bronze Tiger's tiger mask headsculpt is incredible. This is easily one of the best looking headsculpts in the DC Universe Classics line which is really saying something considering how good some of the sculpts there turned out. The paintwork on this guy is incredible!
* Maybe not as cool as a crazy tiger mask, but still really, really cool, is an unmasked Ben Turner head. Turner looks pretty intent on showing off his martial arts prowess as his expression looks like he means business.
* I really do like the DCUC articulation scheme. It's definitely a bit outdated (an opinion that Mattel apparently doesn't share with me) but it's still quite good, especially considering that this guy is around 6 years old. He's solid, durable, and can take on some sweet poses befitting a martial artist of Bronze Tiger's skill.
* Yeah, he's rocking a black belt. Pretty sweet right? He's also rocking some red and black tiger print edging on his outfit. You just can't go around wearing something like that unless you're able to back it up. Bronze Tiger can back it up. Believe that.
* Bronze Tiger also includes Slade's staff that is exactly the same as the accessory included with he series 3 Deathstroke figure so far as I can tell. The figure looks so awesome wielding this, however, so it's a welcome inclusion.
*Remember, if you purchase this guy MIP, you'll also get the right leg of the Apache Chief Collect & Connect figure.
* My only negative with this figure is that the weapons are a bit loose in his grip. It's not terrible, but it's a bit annoying.
If you're looking for more DC Universe Classics reviews, check out the following: